Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phoenix news and UMSF thread management
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > Phoenix
djellison
Thread management is up for grabs essentially - what needs a thread can have a thread. Threads on Sols 1, 2, 3 managed to keep thread sized manageable - but as thread traffic decreases, and the variety of activities increases, this needs to change. If you see a subject that needs a thread, make it. Check there isn't one already - but then make it. We're not going to go through nearly 800 posts and re-compartmentalise them. The first three sols were always going to be a bit crazy. Early Arm ops, Early Pan imaging etc etc - each can now open up its own thread from this point on.
JRehling
[...]
djellison
That's two posts you've made criticizing the current thread layout. Make a suggestion. How could it be better. I'm not sure what you're wanting UMSF to be, but it's not a press agency or a reporting platform. If I wanted to find the current Phoenix status, I'd go ready Emily's blog. If I wanted to see the latest mosaics - I'd come here.

Start a thread on a specific topic you think deserves one.
Skyrunner
Doug,

I noticed the question of "where to find the press briefing archive site" recurring over and over again. Perhaps it's convenient to make a sticky with some useful MPX links in it. Here is my first go at a listing:

Phoenix Links

Phoenix imagery

Other

just my 2 cents,

Olaf
jasedm
Very helpful - thanks!
JRehling
[...]
nilstycho
One might add:
Also, you might change the name of this topic to reflect the Links of Interest here.
Big Joe
Yes I was just thinking of starting a link thread when I went back to check and make sure I had not missed it I found this thread :-)

Can we get a new thread for links?

I have seen some wonderful pages linked in other threads but I have also been following closely the forum since the landing.
HughFromAlice
I thought that this was a really heartwarming story about Peter Smith or should I more formally say Dr. Smith ........ worth a read, so I chucked it in here.

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/292497

Also this doco about Phoenix (see below) - despite all the usual journalistic hype - is worth a look if you feel like relaxing a bit and finding out a bit about the characters behind the Phoenix mission. Must have been shot just before the half way mark of the mission. Mosty on the preparation, launch and landing. Minimal science discussed.

Mars - The Quest For Life at http://www.youtube.com/user/Zuke696?gl=AU&hl=en-GB In fact, Zuke696 has a pretty impressive YouTube channel that some of you guys would enjoy picking through.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.