Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Moon! :-)
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
ustrax
Guys...my current camera, as Doug knows (no, it's not Helen's!) is a Fuji finepix f610...
And I managed, for the first time, to get a decent image of the moon...in the past the only I could get was a mere white bright point...
Any tips regarding this specific camera and our satellite?...
SpaceListener
Shall you copy the moon's image taken by the new camara? smile.gif

Recently days, the moon was fully pretty!
ustrax
You're right...I forgot the image... wink.gif
Original here.
EDITED: The text in that post was dedicated to all of us...
"We, mere, ignorant, fans of space exploration, are not mere, ignorant fans of space exploration."
Where will we be 50 years from now?... smile.gif
Hey Ted...do you like that one?... wink.gif
tedstryk
Yes, it is great. smile.gif
Toma B
QUOTE (ustrax @ Apr 25 2008, 06:55 PM) *
Any tips regarding this specific camera and our satellite?...

Well...not really but I can tell you another advice.....
Put you new camera behind eyepiece of some cheap telescope and you just might snap image like this one I snapped few days ago.... smile.gif

Telescope Newton 4,5" + Canon A430 ( + 3 cups of coffe a day....for shaky hands laugh.gif )

If you liked that image there are many more in my Flickr gallery...
PhilCo126
Any signs of TLA ?
( Transient Lunar Activity )
Toma B
Nope!!!
Not yet... smile.gif
tedstryk
Here is a shot (well, as stack of a few shots) I got when I was in Arizona last spring (April 28th, so almost a year ago). It has of course been processed, as underexposure was severe, but was taken through the (in)famous Clark refractor at Lowell Observatory.

Click to view attachment

Stu
This is slightly off-topic, I know, and I'm sorry, but I just read something Moon-related that really made an impression on me and set me thinking, and I just wanted to share it.

I'm sure most people out there will be familiar with the recent terrible and horrible events in Austria - the "dungeon girls" story - so I'm not going to go through the whole story. But I just read in a paper how two of the children, after emerging from their prison, reacted with shock and awe when they saw the Moon shining in the sky for the first time, and I found myself imagining what that would feel like... to emerge from such torment, in such a dark, claustrophobic place, and then find yourself under an enormous open sky, and then see a brilliant, almost blindingly-bright silvery white orb shining in it that you've never seen before... No wonder they were overcome.

We take the night sky for granted, don't we? We take the sight of a crescent Moon hanging above the western horizon, or a Full Moon shining above the local church in our stride.

I don't think I'll be taking those things quite so much for granted for a long time now.

( Story on The Sun newspaper website. ) Note to Mods: if you feel that link is inappropriate due to the nature of some of the images in the paper < Brits will know what I mean > , please feel free to remove it. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.