Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Io volcanic plumes
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Jupiter
Dominik
I don't know if this is the correct forum to post (If not feel free to move this thread).

Normally I don't post news about Celestia addons, but this time I think it's worth it. Have a look at the screenshots posted in the Celestia forum:

And a comparisation between New Horizon Io picture and the new Celestia addon (That one is cool) smile.gif
Click (128 KB)

Finally, here's the link to the addon thread: Click
volcanopele
Yeah, my computer won't run that... I can just see it going on strike trying to run that.

The plumes, from the screenshots, looks very nice. My only comment is that the larger plumes, like Tvashtar and Pele, don't look realistic compared to the smaller plumes. This isn't the size issue mentioned in the Celestia thread. The Tvashtar and Pele plumes look like up scaled Prometheus-type plumes, when they have a distinct appearance. Not sure how you go about fixing this, except maybe darken the inner core for the larger plumes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.