Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing updates?
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Louise Sharples
Has anyone else noticed the missing updates for Opportunity (as compared to Spirit)?

Missing sols:

1177-1194

1205-1220

1225-1256

1265-1274

Webmaster error, or just nothing interesting happening on MER-B? wink.gif
CosmicRocker
Well, sometime shortly after sol 1205 the global dust storms began, and Opportunity did very little for roughly 80 sols while the sky was dark. I think the 1177-1194 time period was largely devoted to testing some new software updates which gave the rover more autonomy.
climber
I don't know what's going on but I also noticed they doesn't update properly since August 28th ...and Oppy drove quite some meters since, including VC approch and plunge.
fredk
Err... that's no Oppy updates since September 20th, not August 28th. Still a pretty good dry spell.
climber
QUOTE (fredk @ Oct 16 2007, 02:25 AM) *
Err... that's no Oppy updates since September 20th, not August 28th. Still a pretty good dry spell.

It's not what I said : they started to do erratic updated since August 28th while they do fine with Spirit...even, look at the milage on the September 20th: it's from August 28th...
PhilCo126
Check Edouardo's route maps and You can clearly see where Oppy was sitting in thoese periods rolleyes.gif
fredk
They are beginning to catch up on the updates.
Louise Sharples
That's excellent news, many thanks for the update on the updates! smile.gif
jmjawors
Maybe my email to JPL did some good. tongue.gif

Nah.... just joking. Glad to see the updates, though!
climber
All,

Here is the updated .xls table I use to follow Rovers' progress (already posted an older version in another thread).
As you can see on the "distance" sheet, there are distances in green for Oppy that correspond to my guess because they weren't posted in the update ... hopefully, yet!
As you'll see, we're also over 200.000 pictures total...and much more infos in the file.
Enjoy
Click to view attachment
fredk
Another big batch of updates.
infocat13
QUOTE (fredk @ Nov 6 2007, 12:10 PM) *

Well..........................everyone knows that such missing data always indicates some government attempt to cover up the one source of unlimited funding for space exploration........................evidence of civilization that has not evolved on our blue dot! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.