Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Spaceflightnow" Hacked?
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
Toma B
One of my top 15 sites http://www.spaceflightnow.com/index.html appears to be hacked or whatever... Does anybody know anything about this?
I hope everything will be OK soon... ohmy.gif
That's the site where they post near real-time updates every time some rocket lifts-off.
BTW: Kaguya launches tomorrow.
djellison
Doesn't look like a hack - looks like a hosting company not renewing the URL pointing. It happened here - even when I'd paid for the renewal. A reasonably prices, honest, reliable hosting comapny is almost impossible to find....

A lookup on the URL shows..

Record expires on 07-Sep-2007
Record created on 07-Sep-1999

Doug
helvick
It looks more likely that they forgot to renew their domain registration and someone has been able to hijack it. I'm assuming it's the middle of the night for their site admins so it may take them a few hours to figure out who to track down to set this right.
dvandorn
Seems to be fixed now -- at least I get what looks to be the correct site. No problems. And I've cleaned my cache since the last time I loaded the site, so I know I'm pulling it "fresh"...

-the other Doug
mchan
Nope. I still get a page from "Network Solutions" now. Last time I got to the correct site was about 4 hours ago.
edstrick
I get the same thing, it was live earlier, though still hadn't had an article on Iapetus results.
djellison
I imagine it'll take 24hrs for the DNS stuff to refresh it's way around the web so everyone's looking at the proper site again.

Doug
dmg
Seems OK now -- and it DOES have a piece on Iapetus (which I first saw there last night US-PDT)

DG
djellison
QUOTE (dmg @ Sep 13 2007, 01:41 PM) *
Seems OK now

Not for me yet. An interesting DNS race smile.gif

Doug
climber
It's OK for me !
BPCooper
It will be back up within a day or so, don't worry.
PhilCo126
Talking about 'AstronomyNow'...
Could someone of our British members get me the "ASTRONOMY NOW" issue of August 2007 (Voyager on cover). Contact me off-line for payment arrangements wink.gif
Thanks in advance!
lyford
Well, I still can't get it here in San Diego, or else the webmasters have decided to take the site in a "new direction" - blink.gif

Hmmmm..... Nasa Patch.... Is that any thing like Nicoderm? Would that help me through UMSF withdrawal when I don't have internet access?? I guess it wouldn't work for Hyugens or Hyabusa though....
mchan
Would someone who can access the actual site post the site IP address? E.g., ping the site and record the IP. Thanks.
ddeerrff
I can't get there, but Samspade tells me http://216.92.110.5/
lyford
That IP works for me, but the image links in the sidebars are still broken. Thanks!
Tesheiner
If the DNS problem is already solved it hasn't propagated yet up to here. I'm still seeing that other page -- btw, that pretty nice girl is no longer there, just a garden.
Meanwhile I'll go with the IP address; it works fine for me too.
dvandorn
Must be dependent on your individual ISP. My Comcast DNS servers have never lost the original website, I've been able to get to it all along.

-the other Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.