Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Futurama Movie Coming!
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
nprev
Good news, everyone: Tentative release date for the first of four TV movies, titled "Bender's Big Score" is now set for Dec 4th of this year...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471711/
AndyG
BAD INLINE QUOTING REMOVED - Doug

Good news indeed! And Youtube has some dodgy leaked trailer imagery...

Andy
Mongo
Bender: Take that, universe!

Definitely something to look forward to.

Note: I don't know if Bender ever actually said this, but he should have.

Bill
nprev
biggrin.gif ...yep! Can't source that, Bill, but he did say this in the episode "Hell is Other Robots":

"Come on, universe, you big, mostly empty wuss! Give me all the juice you got!"
CosmicRocker
nprev: I can promise that I will go to see that movie. Futurama is the best of all the animations that hoped to succeed the Simpsons, as far as I can tell. Their writers were outstanding. biggrin.gif
nprev
Oh, yeah, definitely my fave (gee, who could tell? rolleyes.gif ) The funnest part is catching all the science-related in-jokes...great writers indeed. Hopefully the quality won't suffer due to the nearly three-year hiatus in production.
helvick
This seems appropriate then - you might have just enough time to build your own one nprev.
nprev
ohmy.gif ..."cool" doesn't even come CLOSE to describing this!!!

Thanks to the nth power, Helvick; gotta follow this project, wish that he'd make kits & put 'em in the stores by Christmas. (Well, actually finished articles, who am I kidding, I'm too lazy to actually do work...that's for suckers! tongue.gif ) My 6502 is overheating so badly with excitement that I'd better crack a cold one right now, though...
dvandorn
Crack enough cold ones and you'll end up in Robot Hell -- which is, as everyone knows, located in New Jersey... smile.gif

-the other Doug
nprev
Oh, yeah, been there...think the entrance is somewhere near Elizabeth, or maybe it's McGuire AFB... tongue.gif

It's all good, though, as long as you can get that brazed resistor symbol off your chest (recommend a silver-solder iron) before trying to escape; they'll never find you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.