Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: June 20, 2007, HiRISE release
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Orbiters > MRO 2005
AlexBlackwell
June 20, 2007, HiRISE release

Be sure to check out "Fresh Crater with Gullies."
Adam
What do people use to view these images? Every time I try to open them in irfan it crashes. I have all necessary plugins, so that shouldn't be the problem. I guess I should get something else, but what?
helvick
Most of us are now using the Java IAS viewer. It's the business.

On the right hand side of any of the main image pages look for the JPEG2000 FOR IAS VIEWER* section. These are links to JPIP urls which allow you to access the JPEG2000 files using the JPIP streaming protocol - info and download instructions are in linked from the same section or you can just go here for more info.
Adam
Just what I was looking for, thanks a lot! biggrin.gif
antipode
Are we looking at patches of water ice frost / snowpack at the head of some of those gullies?

Spectacular image!

P
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (antipode @ Jun 20 2007, 03:22 PM) *
Are we looking at patches of water ice frost / snowpack at the head of some of those gullies?

I doubt it, considering it's on an illuminated slope. Most probably, the lighter-toned material is a substrate exposed by the mass movement downslope.
Bill Harris
The amazing thing about this gullied crater is way that the outwash fans of the gullies are clearly emplaced over the "hummocky", and presumably original, terrain at the crater's center

--Bill
AlexBlackwell
Equally impressive are the gullies on the sides of the spurs, which then feed into a central gully.
Stu
Very nice gullies...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.