Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello all!
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
Geographer
I am so excited to find a forum with so much enthusiastic, intelligent discussion of space exploration! No one around me is interested in this stuff. I stayed up all last night (yes, literally all night) reading these threads. So far I have learned so much about the Mars rovers and the near future of Mars exploration. A lot of the science discussion is way over my head because I am a lowly geography major but I have a huge interest in astronomy.

I am also interested in pseudoscience (think Hoagland) and love debunking all that crap.

I look forward to reading your posts and sharing your extensive knowledge.
Stu
Welcome aboard the good ship UMSF Geographer! Throw your bag on a bunk then come join us on deck where we're looking at Mars... smile.gif

Hope you enjoy your journey with us. Lots of excitement guaranteed in the days, months and years ahead.
dvandorn
Welcome! I trust you'll enjoy the accommodations... smile.gif

Don't worry about not being a professional geologist or engineer; most of us here aren't, either. But if there is one best place on the web to learn about these subjects, it's here. I've learned a tremendous amount from the people here, and if I don't thank them often enough, it's just because I'm too busy soaking up even more.

Have fun!

-the other Doug
lyford
QUOTE (Geographer @ Jun 20 2007, 12:05 AM) *
I stayed up all last night (yes, literally all night) reading these threads.

You're going to fit right in here biggrin.gif
Nix
Welcome aboard Geographer! One can learn a lot around here..and spend a lot of time while you could be having a life and getting enough sleep laugh.gif

Nico
jaredGalen
Sleep! SLEEP!! Why sleep when you can have wonderful discussions about the flight readiness of toenail varnish! I tell ya, some people wink.gif
climber
QUOTE (jaredGalen @ Jun 21 2007, 12:53 AM) *
Sleep! SLEEP!! Why sleep when you can have wonderful discussions about the flight readiness of toenail varnish! I tell ya, some people wink.gif

Kinda another Beacon I recon tongue.gif
Welcome to the Magical Mistery Tour, Geographer
(Note : MMT is NOT the rover that'll follow MSL)
lyford
QUOTE (jaredGalen @ Jun 20 2007, 03:53 PM) *
Sleep! SLEEP!! Why sleep when you can have wonderful discussions about the flight readiness of toenail varnish!
Yes. But I shudder to contemplate what would have happened if Emily had been wearing Manolo Blahnik.... smile.gif smile.gif

And to be fair, folks were noticing the fancy footprints left by MSL as well in that thread.
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (Geographer @ Jun 19 2007, 09:05 PM) *
I am so excited to find a forum with so much enthusiastic, intelligent discussion of space exploration!

Could you post a link to that forum?
dvandorn
QUOTE (AlexBlackwell @ Jun 20 2007, 08:00 PM) *
Could you post a link to that forum?

tongue.gif

-the other Doug
nprev
biggrin.gif ...Alex got game tonight, yo! Welcome, Geo, glad you're here. smile.gif
Graham
As a newbie to this forum I'll agree with the Geographer - except that I did get some sleep last night - in a darkened room after an enlightening illustrated talk by some guy called Doug!! He seemed to knoe one or two things about some planet called Mars - never heard of it myself........... laugh.gif
djellison
Stu has photographic evidence smile.gif
Graham
Thank you Number 1 - it was a night to remember as you will see in S's blog.
With apologies to fans of the Prisoner - anyone seen Number 6?
ElkGroveDan
QUOTE (Graham @ Jul 3 2007, 08:54 AM) *
anyone seen Number 6?

Sorry I haven't. Though John Lennon has been walking around looking for "Number 9."
Juramike
QUOTE (Graham @ Jul 3 2007, 12:54 PM) *
anyone seen Number 6?

She's here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_Six_(B...star_Galactica)
mikeQ
Hello and welcome. New myself, but loooong time lurker. I can only read at work, but I am home today though, and I thought I would post a short note.

Keep all these wonderful discussions going all!

Mike
PhilCo126
Welcome to the newcomers!
Philip
http://mars-literature.skynetblogs.be/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.