Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Baby monitor picks up video from NASA
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
ElkGroveDan
Baby monitor picks up video from NASA
Associated Press, via Yahoo

A mother of two in this suburb of Chicago doesn't have to turn on the news for an update on NASA's space mission. She just flips on her baby monitor. Since Sunday, Natalie Meilinger's baby monitor has been picking up black-and-white video from inside the space shuttle Atlantis.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070614/ap_on_...y_monitor_space

Wondering if Mike Howard could possibly help this lady get the MER images every morning rolleyes.gif
mhoward
That is a strange story. The video couldn't possibly be coming directly from the shuttle, right? I wonder what the explanation is. smile.gif
ElkGroveDan
Most likely someone is rebroadcasting the signal somewhere -- a school? They have sports bars, maybe there's a "space bar" somewhere. People go there to watch NASA TV all day.
climber
....and I still wonder how to get Nasa TV where I leave (South of France) other than connected to the internet mad.gif . Any idea someone?
There is no justice tongue.gif
Littlebit
QUOTE (ElkGroveDan @ Jun 14 2007, 10:51 AM) *
Most likely someone is rebroadcasting the signal somewhere -- a school? They have sports bars, maybe there's a "space bar" somewhere. People go there to watch NASA TV all day.

A whole day of NASA TV? More likely a crypt than a bar. Baby monitors behave like police scanners...they zone in on bands where they talk about diapers and such.
Pavel
QUOTE (Littlebit @ Jun 14 2007, 05:10 PM) *
A whole day of NASA TV? More likely a crypt than a bar. Baby monitors behave like police scanners...they zone in on bands where they talk about diapers and such.

There was a recent story involving NASA and diapers smile.gif
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (climber @ Jun 14 2007, 09:24 AM) *
....and I still wonder how to get Nasa TV where I leave (South of France) other than connected to the internet mad.gif.

Based on this story, it sounds like you need to have a baby biggrin.gif
nprev
Clearly, then, it is incumbent upon all male UMSFers to impregnate as many women as possible and equip them with suitably adjusted video baby-monitors in order to promulgate space awareness... ph34r.gif (don't look at me; can't afford the child support!)
dvandorn
Ah, so now we know how Emily keeps up with NASA TV... biggrin.gif

-the other Doug
lyford
QUOTE (ElkGroveDan @ Jun 14 2007, 09:51 AM) *
maybe there's a "space bar" somewhere. People go there to watch NASA TV all day.

Where is this magical land of which you speak? huh.gif

Oh - found it...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.