Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galileo's Moon
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Earth & Moon > Lunar Exploration
Phil Stooke
Doug - in the Earth thread - mentioned Galileo flyby 2 images which were spoiled by dropouts. Here I have made three mosaics of Moon images from the second flyby. The third one was made by combining good bits from several frames which were severely compromised. But a decent result was possible eventually. I don't think it has ever been shown before.

Phil

Click to view attachment
As old as Voyager
Thanks Phil!

Those images are great, especially image C with the terminator running through Mare Orientale.

Stunning!
tedstryk
Excellent work! I have long been trying to get the will to work with the Galileo sets. They are a challenge, due to the jiggling of the camera, but they are really neat perspectives. These shots sadden me, though - they show what SSI was truly capable of.
ElkGroveDan
Wow. That one looks like a candidate for APOD.
ustrax
QUOTE (ElkGroveDan @ May 13 2007, 12:37 AM) *
Wow. That one looks like a candidate for APOD.

I agree...beautiful! smile.gif
Did anyone mention "our" Ricardo Nunes work?...
This people just keep surprising me... biggrin.gif
4th rock from the sun
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
To put it simply: it's good to see that your work can be usefull to others!!!

I've made planetary observations for some years, but the seeing on my site prevented me from achieving the results I wanted. So I eventually moved on to processing historical images, and it is a lot of fun.

Just a work to thank everyone that gave me their support, specially on this forum.

Regards,
Ricardo Nunes
tedstryk
Wow...I am especially impressed with the Zond image - I didn't know the South Pole - Atkien basin could be seen in the Zond 3 set!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.