Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Archiving NASA news briefings
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Conferences and Broadcasts
DEChengst
Last tuesday my daddy called just after the New Horizons briefing started, making me miss most of it. This made me wish there were some archive where you can download press briefings and launches for free. As I think it isn't very likely there will be such a site I'm planning to start one myself.

Ofcourse I could use some tool to capture the NASA TV stream, but that wouldn't provide the quality I'm after. To remedy this problem I'm looking for someone in the US that's willing to capture the MPEG2 stream from the sat and either upload this to me, or burn it on DVD and send it by snail mail. The MPEG2 will be loaded in video editting software where I'll deinterlace the file, insert the slides from .jpg, if they only show the projection screen and finally export it to an Xvid file. At the start I'll put up a bittorrent to share the file and once interest dies down I'll archive it my website indefinitely.

Anyone wanting to help me out ?
volcanopele
On the NH at Io thread, hendric pointed me to a pretty good site that archives NASA briefings, including Tuesday's NH briefing:

http://www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org/inde...=1&Itemid=2
DEChengst
Cool cool.gif That archive looks pretty good, but I'm still interested in having the original MPEG2 stream captured directly from the satellite. In my eyes quality can't never be good enough, so I'm willing to spend time and money on diskspace to store it all smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.