Lots of proposed landing spots for MSL.
Sunspot
http://hiroc.lpl.arizona.edu/images/PSP/release_0020.php

Interest in MRO seems to have vanished.
tuvas
QUOTE (Sunspot @ Apr 4 2007, 11:47 AM) *
http://hiroc.lpl.arizona.edu/images/PSP/release_0020.php

Interest in MRO seems to have vanished.

Just wait, sometime in the next two and a half months, quite possible sooner, the official PDS release will occur. All of the images we have taken, which I'm sure is well over 1000, will be released to the public, it'll be crazy... But, until then, I would agree, things are quieting down a bit...
lyford
Well, the spirit is willing, but the hard drive is full. blink.gif

Seriously - I can't keep up with the data and download times to explore on my own. I am just dumbfounded and wait for someone to post the "good bits" * since I don't have the time or bandwidth to deal with it all... an embarrassment of riches! laugh.gif

*And by this I by no means am implying that some of the bits aren't good, or the bytes as well.
MarsIsImportant
I'm still here. But because of the enormous amount of data, I only download what I believe might be interesting. That means I might miss a lot of interesting things at the higher resolutions. We'll soon need a petabyte of memory to hold everything! ...certainly one terabyte is not even close to enough.
babakm
QUOTE (MarsIsImportant @ Apr 4 2007, 09:06 PM) *
...certainly one terabyte is not even close to enough.

One terabyte certainly isn't what it used to be.
djellison
£713 gets you an NAS with 4 x 500GB HDD's in Raid 5 - - 1.5TB of Storage...enough for about..ooo...a fortnight of HiRISE stuff smile.gif

Doug
tuvas
QUOTE (MarsIsImportant @ Apr 4 2007, 02:06 PM) *
I'm still here. But because of the enormous amount of data, I only download what I believe might be interesting. That means I might miss a lot of interesting things at the higher resolutions. We'll soon need a petabyte of memory to hold everything! ...certainly one terabyte is not even close to enough.

I don't know the exact total amount of space used with HiRISE images at HiROC, but I do know that it seems like once a month we receive somewhere around 30-40 more terabytes... That could be off, I'm not one of the guys who has to know that, and it's not easy to find, but... Of course, for every byte of a JP2, there's probably a dozen that HiROC keeps around in the form of other products, EDRs, ISIS cubs, etc, but still, we have alot of space being used...
volcanopele
I've been trying to convince some of the budget managers here that I need a new Mac Pro workstation with 4, 750-GB hard drives, 16GB of RAM, two 30" flat screen monitors, etc.

All for only $17,500...
um3k
QUOTE (volcanopele @ Apr 5 2007, 03:13 PM) *
All for only $17,500...

What a deal!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.