Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lavochkin reveals some information about the earliest rover plans
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Earth & Moon > Lunar Exploration
Zvezdichko
http://www.laspace.ru/rus/lh.php

Russia planned to send the first rover ( wheeled lander ) atop a N 1-1 rocket. The first plans about such missions were drawed in 1963. The plans were named - L1, L2, L3, L4 and L5...
Plan L1 and 3 were supposed to be concepts about putting a man on the Moon. L2 was dedicated to a wheeled rover. Plan L 5 was supposed to be a huge wheeled rover... er ... CAR with capacity of 3-5 people.
These plans were never realised! Even work on L2 never started ...
The spacecraft+the lander were named E8 and the rover was named L2. The total mass of the rover was supposed to be 640 kg.
Some of the goals of the first E8 mission were:

1. To explore the landing site as a candidate site for the first manned expedition.
2. To make observations of the landing of the first manned expedition and launching the ascend stage.
3. To test the reliability of the lander's hardware.

The rover L2 was supposed to serve as a communication relay between the first cosmonauts and the Earth.
tedstryk
I really wish I had any clue what any of the text says on that site. I don't understand why in the world my Russian alphabet font doesn't work for Lavochkin - it just comes back a bunch of roman alphabet garbage.
Zvezdichko
QUOTE (tedstryk @ Feb 12 2007, 09:36 PM) *
I really wish I had any clue what any of the text says on that site. I don't understand why in the world my Russian alphabet font doesn't work for Lavochkin - it just comes back a bunch of roman alphabet garbage.

Try Edit->Code Table -> cp 1251 ( Or Windows - 1251 ). It works for me
Phil Stooke
Or in Firefox:

while viewing that page, do:
view-Character Encoding-Cyrillic (Windows-1251)

Worked perfectly for me.

Phil
tedstryk
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.