Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TPS weblog
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
ngunn
When I try to view the Planetary Society Weblog this afternoon it looks blank. Is it just me, or does the system have a glitch?
tuvas
It's not just you. I've found the same thing...
Bjorn Jonsson
Not only the blog seems to be having problems. The main page also looks strange...
SkyeLab
Looks to be fixed now..............

Brian
elakdawalla
Yeah, sorry, our server died this morning. We are veeeerrry sloooowlly getting it back up, but I don't have ^%$%* email or administrative access yet...no posting again until I do (makes a convenient excuse for not getting any work done though! smile.gif)

--Emily
Phil Stooke
Emily, a map is locked up in your email!

Phil
elakdawalla
Oooh...great, thanks, I'll wait to post THAT story until I get your map!

(For the curious, it's a Phoenix landing site selection update)

--Emily
Phil Stooke
Uh-oh! Don't get too carried away. It's a USGS base map suitable for plotting sites on, but I didn't add anything to it.

Phil
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (elakdawalla @ Jan 25 2007, 09:07 AM) *
Yeah, sorry, our server died this morning. We are veeeerrry sloooowlly getting it back up, but I don't have ^%$%* email or administrative access yet...no posting again until I do (makes a convenient excuse for not getting any work done though! smile.gif)

I assume this affected the "For Members" area, too? I hope that's the reason I can't log in at the moment, otherwise it looks as if I don't have access anymore ohmy.gif
elakdawalla
Yup, I would assume so. We've got the main website back up but most everything else is still down, and we don't know when it'll be back up. Sigh. The good news, the web manager person told me today, is that this happening today made her realize just how long it's been since the last time our server crashed. It used to be a relatively frequent occurrence; this is the first problem we've had in well over a year, I think since before our redesign. Just often enough to make us realize how much we depend on the stupid thing smile.gif

--Emily
elakdawalla
OK, everything should be back up now. Send me a PM if you encounter any more problems.

--Emily
climber
Emily,
On "the Storm" topic some of us says today how much your blog is apreciated. I'd like to join too.
Anyway, when I sew those remarks, I went to check your entry of today...and I get SCARED when I saw the title : Phoenix launch postponed" ...and it's only when you open up the article that the words "one day" appears. Do NOT do that again biggrin.gif
I also went to check out where people that read your blog are from....and, you says there are two links to the map...which is true...but data are NOT the same on the two maps blink.gif
Interesting, interesting...
lyford
Well, to be fair to Emily, NASA's own press release has the same scary headline smile.gif
News Advisory: 2007-083
July 31, 2007

NASA Postpones Phoenix Launch

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Friday's launch of NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander aboard a United Launch Alliance Delta II rocket has been postponed 24 hours. The two available launch times on Saturday, Aug. 4, are 2:26:34 and 3:02:59 a.m. Pacific Time ( 5:26:34 a.m. and 6:02:59 a.m. Eastern Time).
elakdawalla
Sorry for the scare, you're right I should have put "one day" in the headline!
QUOTE (climber @ Jul 31 2007, 01:14 PM) *
I also went to check out where people that read your blog are from....and, you says there are two links to the map...which is true...but data are NOT the same on the two maps blink.gif
Interesting, interesting...

Yes, one is for blog readers, and one for radio listeners, and it is assuredly not the same group of people! I guess that's one reason it makes sense for us to be telling "space stories" in a number of different ways.

--Emily
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.