Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Launch windows for interplanetary travel
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
FordPrefect
Hi all,

is anyone of you aware of a listing for good launch windows (opportunities) for interplanetary travel (Hohman transfers and /or slingshots) within our solar system for the next (couple) of hundred years available on the net? unsure.gif

Thanks for any feedback!
MahFL
You going to be around in 200 years time ? biggrin.gif

pancam.gif
tuvas
I guess the best way to do it would be a slingshot off of all of the gas giants, but there aren't really transfer orbits to go to another star system, at least that I know of. Basically you just want to be going as fast as possible. Hohman transfer orbits involve moving from one planet to another that are both orbiting the same object, I guess it would work with one moon to another orbiting the same planet, but it doesn't apply to what you are refering to. So, the best I could suggest is to do a Jupiter/Saturn slingshot, which I imagine the oportunities come around about once a year (Guessing...)
FordPrefect
Thanks guys, no I don't expect to be around in 200 years from now laugh.gif I was meaning only launch windows for travels within our solar system. Someone on another forum showed up this, which is closest to what I was talking about:

http://clowder.net/hop/railroad/sched.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.