Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After three years HRSC
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Orbiters > Mars Express & Beagle 2
SigurRosFan
During three years in orbit, the german HRSC experiment covered an area of 45 million kmē (one-third of the planet's surface) with a resolution of 10 to 20 meters per pixel.

The following image is centred at 78° north latitude and 89° east longitude. The image data were taken from a distance of about 450 kilometers with a resolution of about 21 meters per pixel in orbit 3695 (november 23, 2006).

New Frosty Crater:
Captain-S
[un-needed quote removed]

Can you post the link to the hires-Image please?
Cant find it at ESA

Thanks
Captain-S
Found the site. Here we go... http://www.dlr.de/mars/desktopdefault.aspx.../422_read-6855/
SigurRosFan
Correct. This was my source.
marsbug
Thats stunning! smile.gif smile.gif
nprev
Stunning indeed!!! blink.gif While some of us (including myself) have knocked ESA in the past for low-quantity output of results, the quality of their releases is never less than outstanding! There may well be a method to their madness...

Notice the apparent "peeling-off" of the terrain around the crater...LOTS of layers exposed here. It looks way too rough for a conventional lander and/or rover, but it would sure be a terrific target area for a balloon/dirigible (no, not a helicopter! smile.gif )
SigurRosFan
Here's the english press release:

- The German HRSC onboard Mars Express now in its third year
ustrax
ohmy.gif
That is such an incredible image!
biggrin.gif
ustrax
What can an hiker and Marsmaniac dreams be like?
Something like this!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
climber
QUOTE (ustrax @ Feb 12 2007, 03:04 PM) *
What can an hiker and Marsmaniac dreams be like?

"Real" hiking maps are at 1/25.000 on Earth. What can we do at 1/200.000 ? tongue.gif
djellison
Helen had a good idea - once some DEMS are published, we could explore them with a moto-X simulator of some sort smile.gif

Doug
ustrax
Dude - seriously - the quoting.....some people!!! - Doug

I sure would love to see that Doug... smile.gif

...Climber...You've got some at 1/50000... cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.