Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HR-36
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Pluto / KBO
tuvas
Hey all, I don't know if this has gone around UMSF yet or not, but I found it to be among the funniest things I've ever heard, at least to come out from a legislative body. This is taken from the official California legislation website, so... The resolution didn't pass, but it's still funny that it even came out! http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/05-06/bill/a...introduced.html

My favorite parts:

WHEREAS, The downgrading of Pluto reduces the number of planets
available for legislative leaders to hide redistricting legislation
and other inconvenient political reform measures; and

WHEREAS, Downgrading Pluto's status will cause psychological harm
to some Californians who question their place in the universe and
worry about the instability of universal constants; and
Tesheiner
LOL!
Unbelievable!
ElkGroveDan
You know it was introduced as a joke right?
tuvas
QUOTE (ElkGroveDan @ Jan 9 2007, 09:27 AM) *
You know it was introduced as a joke right?

Of course, but it's still funny that it even got so far as it did...
Juramike
Somewhere out there (probably in California) is a criminal lawyer developing The Pluto Defense: "My client was not responsible for his actions because he was emotionally distraught from Pluto being downgraded"

Just you wait...
laurele
QUOTE (Juramike @ Jan 9 2007, 04:23 PM) *
Somewhere out there (probably in California) is a criminal lawyer developing The Pluto Defense: "My client was not responsible for his actions because he was emotionally distraught from Pluto being downgraded"

Just you wait...

No one needs to be emotionally distraught because they can just choose not to accept the IAU's decision, and even better, to fight for its reversal. I've joined an advocacy group, written blogs on the subject, signed 15 online petitions and am now helping get signatures for a hard copy petition to the IAU. The "downgrading" will not stand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.