Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snowman
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
tuvas
How long has the snowman been in the banner of UMSF? Just curious... It's reminding me too well of a plane ticket I have to Colorado tommorow...
nprev
Doug put it up a few days ago. smile.gif

Hey, you'd better keep a close eye on your flight...CNN reported a few hours ago that a lot of flights into Denver for tomorrow have already been cancelled, not sure about the rest of the state.

EDIT: CNN now reports that Denver's expecting 20 to 40 inches(!!!) tomorrow...if I were you, I'd try to get there tonight at the latest (if you absolutely have to go, that is; personally, I'd chuck it), esp, since you have to drive. In any case, be careful! unsure.gif
tuvas
QUOTE (nprev @ Dec 28 2006, 03:14 PM) *
Doug put it up a few days ago. smile.gif

Hey, you'd better keep a close eye on your flight...CNN reported a few hours ago that a lot of flights into Denver for tomorrow have already been cancelled, not sure about the rest of the state.

Well, as my flight is to Denver... Yep. you guessed it, I'm not too excited. It'll be great if I can get there, but, well... And the worst part is Denver isn't my desination, it's an hour or more away into the mountains... Sigh. Well, hopefully leaving tommorow'll be better than tonight (I've been checking every half hour for news, but I guess them airliners haven't invented time travel yet...)
djellison
Yup - I whacked it up as an interim between the old logo, and one with the new UMSF 'icon' that I did AGES ago before life got a bit crazy here....hopefully I'll launch with the new logo ( hardly earth shattering to be honest ) on Jan 1st.

Doug
ustrax
QUOTE (djellison @ Dec 29 2006, 05:59 PM) *
Yup - I whacked it up as an interim between the old logo, and one with the new UMSF 'icon' that I did AGES ago before life got a bit crazy here....hopefully I'll launch with the new logo ( hardly earth shattering to be honest ) on Jan 1st.

Doug

Doug...Do you accept suggestions or are you doing it all by yourself?
djellison
It's all already decided actually.

Doug
tuvas
QUOTE (djellison @ Dec 29 2006, 10:59 AM) *

Doug

Pretty cool new logo. Are you going to start doing a new one every week? Just curious...
AlexBlackwell
Yeah, I think Doug should do something for UMSF patterned on the Google Holiday Logos cool.gif
nprev
Well, he obviously never sleeps, so why not? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

However, Doug, if you ever solicit new banner contributions, let us know. I have a whole Macromedia suite obtained for a work website I did back in 2004 that's doing nothing right now...
djellison
I just wanted to change the logo to something that wasn't a direct rip off of the Pioneer Plaque, and something that I could reproduce easily ( using 3ds Max and Final toon ) as big as I needed for Cafe Press etc.. and animate if I wanted to. Really not much of a change, I actually had it ready to go AGES ago but hadn't properly sorted the banner. I did a favicon.ico to match this time around as well, last time I forgot.

We have the week of Google logos that Scott Adams did up on our wall in the office smile.gif

http://www.google.com/dilbert.html

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.