Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T22 (December 28, 2006)
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Titan
AlexBlackwell
The T22 mission description is now online (1.1 Mb PDF).
Holder of the Two Leashes
I miss those ISS coverage maps they use to have. The ones that accompanied the mission description on the flyby page and color coded by picture resolution.

Not to mention (as others here have) the lack of any information about any other targets.
TritonAntares
QUOTE (Holder of the Two Leashes @ Dec 20 2006, 01:20 AM) *
I miss those ISS coverage maps they use to have. The ones that accompanied the mission description on the flyby page and color coded by picture resolution.

Not to mention (as others here have) the lack of any information about any other targets.

So do I... sad.gif

For quick view:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Bye.
volcanopele
We have a fairly decent mosaic designed for the region around the VIMS bright stripes, but I'm not sure how effective it will be as a surface mapping observations. Lots of good WAC photometry though.
dsmillman
Since T22 concentrates on Radio Science, are the Deep Space Net's antennas the only ones that
will track Cassini during the flyby? During the Huygens descent many Radio Telescopes tracked
Huygens.
ugordan
A false color view of Titan created using the 3 polarized UV3 filters and greatly enhanced:
Click to view attachment

Looks like the polarization behavior changes a bit in the north polar detached haze cap.
Decepticon
Images started coming in.

http://saturn1.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/ima...0&storedQ=0
Olvegg
You're right, it's above Mezzoramia. There's still could be some liquid there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.