Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MEPAG - Two new reports
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Mars
AlexBlackwell
Update to the Robotic Mars Exploration Strategy 2007-2016 (MAPG) (12.17 Mb PDF)

Findings of the Mars Special Regions Science Analysis Group (Astrobiology, Volume 6, Number 5, 2006). Non-subscribers might also note that the publishers of Astrobiology are, for the time being, granting free online access to that entire issue, which contains a couple of other interesting items.
Gray
Great links. I think it's a measure of the sophistication of this site that it has a librarian!! ohmy.gif
Thanks for taking on the responsibility. I really appreciate your efforts.
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (Gray @ Dec 6 2006, 08:57 AM) *
Great links. I think it's a measure of the sophistication of this site that it has a librarian!! ohmy.gif
Thanks for taking on the responsibility. I really appreciate your efforts.

I believe it was Shakespeare who wrote, "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em." For me, it was the third option (thanks to Emily). laugh.gif
AlexBlackwell
The "Mars Science Workshop and Conference Reports" section on the MEPAG website has been updated.
AlexBlackwell
There's a newly posted MEPAG report:

Report from the 2013 Mars Science Orbiter (MSO) Second Science Analysis Group (May 2007) (1.2 Mb PDF)
gpurcell
Fascinating report, Alex.

While they don't come out and say it, it seems clear to me that they favor a geology and geophysics orbiter with a small landed package for 2013.
monitorlizard
Nice to see a lot of support for an imaging SAR for the 2013 orbiter, even if it's only for an enhanced version of the spacecraft. I know I'm not the only one who would like to see that instrument flown. wink.gif
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (monitorlizard @ Jun 14 2007, 01:46 PM) *
Nice to see a lot of support for an imaging SAR for the 2013 orbiter, even if it's only for an enhanced version of the spacecraft. I know I'm not the only one who would like to see that instrument flown. wink.gif

Me, too. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.