Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Endurance with MRO Texture
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Indian3000
a small demo a my MarsRoverCenter smile.gif with MRO texture and DEM of Endurance ...

a youtube version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjdmQ0gpC4Y

and in better quality with Xvid Codec ...

Video +- 5 Mb
tfisher
Pretty cool looking! Thanks for sharing.
Tman
Very nice center! biggrin.gif

As much as one can see it looks very well.
It seems now it is only missing a small 3D viewer for such rendered MRO pics... smile.gif
djellison
I did something similar with Phil's great Endurance map a few months back - animating in 3ds max.

I'll revisit with this new image I think smile.gif

Doug
Indian3000
QUOTE (Tman @ Dec 1 2006, 02:42 PM) *
Very nice center! biggrin.gif

As much as one can see it looks very well.
It seems now it is only missing a small 3D viewer for such rendered MRO pics... smile.gif

no it's not missing smile.gif i have it, but datas need a format transformation and the size of package is 2.5 gigas bytes (For PSP_001414_1780), it's difficult to me to share that, size are too big sad.gif.

I finalise my Mars 3d world software currently. but it's difficult to share that the size of data take more 500 Gigas bytes on disk, all texture, all 3d mesh files in differents level of detail, index files (all are in custom data format). i can win some space with compression, but i can not do that at less 300 gigas bytes sad.gif.
I am not sure to even be able to give all the programmes of modification of format, so much I made to modification “one the fly” to treat these data. sad.gif

but I work on it smile.gif
perhaps a day that it will turn on other PC that mine smile.gif
Indian3000
a small 3d demo with gusev ... and columbia hill ...

on youtube

Youtube

and a better quality here with xvid code ...

Video 8.5 mb.

I impatiently await the MRO's picture of gusev in high resolution. cool.gif tongue.gif
lyford
thank you for those videos, Indian3000!

I don't know whether to love you for sharing or hate you with jealousy biggrin.gif
Tman
QUOTE (Indian3000 @ Dec 1 2006, 08:58 PM) *
a small 3d demo with gusev ... and columbia hill ...

and a better quality here with xvid code ...

Video 8.5 mb.
Indian that link shows still Endurance's +- 5 Mb Video!

QUOTE (lyford @ Dec 2 2006, 12:11 AM) *
I don't know whether to love you for sharing or hate you with jealousy biggrin.gif
Hmm..., I feel more "hate you with jealousy" cool.gif
Indian3000
sorry about this smile.gif

corrected link ... biggrin.gif

Video
Indian3000
it is not in direct connection with the topic, but I was making the integration of my model 3D in the database and I made some vertical projections for telemetry data calibration, and then this left, I find rather that pretty

tongue.gif

vertical projection without rover quaternion correction ...

Click to view attachment
Oersted
Oh yes, excellent! - Call it "First steps"...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.