Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New "Alien Landscapes" Poster
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Nirgal
ok, here is the largest hand colored navcam panoram I tried to date
(based on the nearly uncompressed black/white stitch recently posted on the JPL site,
(enhanced sky de-vignetting, geometry slightly vertically exaggerated)

My tribute to this Phantastic Voyage of Opportunity ...

Click to view attachment

Enjoy smile.gif
antipode
Mindblowing Nirgal. That's a keeper!

P
Gray
That is fabulous!!!
sattrackpro
biggrin.gif - veery pretty, Nirgal.

(Now, if I could only figure out where the rover is in this shot... er, what 'cape' it's sitting on... uh, or is it a 'bay?')
tedstryk
That is an amazing pan....The tracks really put everything in context.
ustrax
I religiously save all your posters Nirgal...
This one is a hell of a good work, one of the best so far... smile.gif
Tesheiner
Congrats, Nirgal! A beautiful work. cool.gif

QUOTE (sattrackpro @ Nov 17 2006, 02:46 AM) *
(Now, if I could only figure out where the rover is in this shot... er, what 'cape' it's sitting on... uh, or is it a 'bay?')

At the tip of Cabo (Cape) Verde. Cape St Mary (beacon) is to the left and Cabo Frio to the right.
Ant103
Beautifull Nirgal ohmy.gif . Your alien landscapes are already so lovely. smile.gif wink.gif
lyford
gorgeous!
helvick
Damn, now I really do need a bigger office. smile.gif

Stunning work Nirgal.
PhilCo126
Top work Bernhard... ohmy.gif
Now if we just could get it printed as a large wall poster... it would sell extremely well!!!
Stu
Wow... I can't find the right word to describe how stunning that image is. Oh wait, I just did - STUNNING!!! smile.gif

Needed that visual boost while this "Little Conjunction" drags on... and on... unsure.gif
Nirgal
Thank you all so much for the nice words smile.gif smile.gif
I'm really speechless and overwhelmed by all the positive feedback
blink.gif

Thanks again and stay tuned for the next poster work smile.gif
biggrin.gif
Bernhard
sattrackpro
QUOTE (Tesheiner @ Nov 17 2006, 02:52 AM) *
At the tip of Cabo (Cape) Verde. Cape St Mary (beacon) is to the left and Cabo Frio to the right.

Tx much! I got lost, thinking the rover went further than Verde - around the crater, but this was a run to the end of Verde itself! (Much longer run, looking at it in the photos than I expected!)

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.