Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Mars
PhilCo126
Well to me it certainly looks great ...
http://spaceflori.com/product_info.php?pro...1abbd94d52ab4e3
mars.gif

What do You think ?
mars.gif
ElkGroveDan
I had to wait until I got my order in to post my opinion.

Yes. I believe this is exactly what it purports to be. So I coughed up the 80 bucks. Thanks for the link. I'm going to give it to my 12-year-old daughter who just loves geology, astronomy and space exploration (I wonder why?)
JTN
QUOTE (PhilCo126 @ Nov 9 2006, 05:56 PM) *

I just get "Product not found"... so what was it?
PhilCo126
It was sold... bouhgt by ElkGroveDan ... it was a piece of rock from mars.gif
ElkGroveDan
Just got it yesterday. It's a piece of the Dhofar meteorite. Don't blame me. There were more than one, and my guess is that we have plenty of lurkers around here. What amazes me is that if this thing is a gram that I bought for $80, and the Dhofar meterorite was 1056 grams, someone is placing the value of this priceless object at just $84,000! (though my understanding is that they only sold 800 grams of it).

It's pretty small. Bigger than a sand grain, but smaller than a pebble. It's mounted on an 8x10" print of an image from Spirit of Husband Hill.

The frustrating thing is getting skeptics to believe this is what it purports to be. The company seems reputable, so I'm going to assume it's an actual piece of the Dhofar object. Most friends I talk to will concede that much. But somehow intelligent people who accept the amazing science behind DNA identification can't accept the line of reasoning that places this object as originating from Mars.

Oh well. I'll sit back and enjoy it with my family on Christmas morning..

Here's a link to the Google cache of the page above from when it was live:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.