Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boom
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future
DonPMitchell
A few videos of rocket launch failures

M-69: The Proton is actually one of the most reliable modern vehicles, but it had a few problems in its early days. The M-69 Mars orbiter was an unfortunately loss for the Russians. It could have been the first artificial Mars satellite and returned the first half-way decent photos of the planet's surface. And 1 kiloton of rocket fuel makes for an explosion comparable to a tactical nuke.

Delta II: The loss of the GPS-2 satellite in a Delta-II launch failure. This is the original footage, not very high resolution, but it lacks the exagerated fake effects added in another popular video of the event.

Long-March: Failure of a Chinese Long-March rocket. Sorry I could not edit the audio, which is cranked up so high it is mostly clipped. Turn down the volume on this one.

Soyuz Foton: Soyuz failure during launch of Foton satellite. Gives a good sense of the panic among some European tourists who were standing pretty close to the pad. Some colorful but appropriate language.
Sunspot
I remember seeing the Delta launch failure on the news.
lyford
Perhaps append to this thread?
And you have convinced me that you really can find anything on youtube - just be careful when searching for "blow up" videos....yikes! blink.gif
djellison
I had not seen that Soyuz video before - the time between flash and noise is not as much as I would expect...they were remarkably close!

Doug
ugordan
Approximately 2 seconds or 700 meters!
Jyril
Beautiful but so horrible!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.