Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IAC 2006
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Conferences and Broadcasts
djellison
Thanks to the efforts of Emily and Jen at TPS....I am now registered as Press for the '06 International Astronautical Congress in Valencia.

The 2nd announcement contains the most information about the line up for the week
http://www.iac2006.com/pdf/2nd_Announcement.pdf

However Monday AM is going to be a highlight. The heads of NASA, ESA, RSA, JAXA, CNSA ISRG and CSA will all be there.

If anyone spots a particular session they want to hear about - let me know as I'm trying to schedule my week as well in advance as I can!

Cheers
Doug
ngunn
QUOTE (djellison @ Aug 30 2006, 02:32 PM) *
Thanks to the efforts of Emily and Jen at TPS....I am now registered as Press for the '06 International Astronautical Congress in Valencia.

Wonderful news! I'm sure you'll have a very good 'nose' for the most exciting topics and speakers, but be sure not to miss Space Activity and Society - you should have your own slot at that one to present the activities of UMSF, including its ambition to one day control a Mars rover!
hendric
Here you go. The yellows are conflicts, with the bold the preferred session.
Click to view attachment
I think small space science missions trumps space based astronomy, because even though spitzer et al put out great science, I think a Hayabusa captures more of the imagination, and want to know what else is going on. If SSSM means nano sattelites in formation measuring the magnetosphere, then give it a pass.

Electric propulsion is interesting because it is such an enabling technology that really opens up the solar system for lower cost/smaller missions. I'm sure we'll all get our fill of moon exploration soon enough between all the probes heading there.

You would probably prefer to see the poster sessions, but I thought "Beyond Education" a must-see for UMSF. E/PO, for me, seems to be weighted heavily to the E side vs the PO side, and I'd like to see that change.

Lessons learned is just something I have an interest in, as an engineer I like to hear about how other teams encountered and overcome problems in their designs.
djellison
The Education and Outreach sessions are something I'm very interested in, and poster sessions sound like a good way of getting through a lot of subject matter in a short ammount of time.

For obvious reasosn - I want to cover a lot of Mars content - but anything I can dig up about Hayabusa is a must - and ditto Huygens. Also - anything about Cubesats or other small platforms I find fascinating (and I think Cubesats are under-spoken about )

Astronomy - I'm less likely to pay attention to - as I have very little idea what I'll be looking at or listening to

I know there's a lot of lurkers from the engineering field at UMSF (you know who you are...and I know who some of you are ) - if you're going to be attending and wouldn't mind a quick chat about what you're up to, then drop me an email ( doug@rlproject.com ) and we'll hook up and put the world to rights over some conference quality coffee.

Doug
djellison
Forum time-warp.......

http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/110910

Remember me an Whaley posting on the blog smile.gif That's him.
PhilCo126
International Astronautical Congress 2008
29 Sep - 03 October
The host organisation, the British Interplanetary Society (BIS) – celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2008 – is fully committed to creating the perfect conference and exhibition business environment.
Scotland: http://www.iac2008.co.uk/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.