Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 38th Annual DPS Meeting
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Conferences and Broadcasts
AlexBlackwell
38th Annual Division for Planetary Sciences Meeting
October 8-13, 2006
Pasadena, California
volcanopele
I might be there, at least for a couple of days, for the Cassini sessions. Not sure yet.
nprev
Hope that you do attend Volcanopele...do you suspect that there might be some revelations re Titanian cryovulcanism, and/or might Enceladus be the "hot" (ta-da, dah! biggrin.gif ) topic?
volcanopele
QUOTE (nprev @ Aug 14 2006, 10:48 PM) *
Hope that you do attend Volcanopele...do you suspect that there might be some revelations re Titanian cryovulcanism, and/or might Enceladus be the "hot" (ta-da, dah! biggrin.gif ) topic?

I'm sure that the Titan lakes will be a major point of discussion. I wish I had put in an abstract on Titan's south pole... just to remind everyone that *cough* we saw them first (not the lakes that RADAR saw, but similar ones...). Enceladus will continue to be a major topic, particularly now that Enceladus data is hitting the PDS and scientists outside the instrument teams have a chance to examine the data. Also, those on the instrument teams will be able to present more detailed analyses of their data.
mars loon
QUOTE (volcanopele @ Aug 15 2006, 04:06 PM) *
I'm sure that the Titan lakes will be a major point of discussion. I wish I had put in an abstract on Titan's south pole... just to remind everyone that *cough* we saw them first (not the lakes that RADAR saw, but similar ones...).

recently I asked someone on the science team about the south pole lakes and was told there was no definative conclusion and no further data yet. can you please clarify the thinking on them? thanks

ken
remcook
surprisingly few Mars sessions (only 3 it seems, where there are 5 Titan sessions). Am I right if I say that the Mars geology people prefer conferences like AGU?
edstrick
"Am I right if I say that the Mars geology people prefer conferences like AGU?"

and the Lunar and Planetary Science Conference, AKA the "Rockfest"...
SFJCody
I wonder if Mike Brown will announce any new TNOs at this conference. According to his website he has discovered 30 or so 'plutons' (ugh) the rest of the world has yet to hear about. Presumably there will be at least a few among that haul notable for dynamical properties, compositional differences, morphology or size.
SFJCody
Full program still not up. Maybe some delay?
ynyralmaen
QUOTE (SFJCody @ Aug 22 2006, 04:10 PM) *
Full program still not up. Maybe some delay?

It's up now; program and abstracts here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.