Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We made it !
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Nirgal
Clear way ahead smile.gif

(colorized navcam panorama, Sol 884)

Auf zu neuen Ufern !

Let's discover new shores !

smile.gif
Toma B
rolleyes.gif smile.gif laugh.gif Beautiful !!! laugh.gif smile.gif rolleyes.gif
dilo
Schönes panorama, Bernhard. I missed your work! wink.gif
Interesting stitch geometry too... rolleyes.gif
volcanopele
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the elevated terrain at the far edge of this "etched" terrain just right of center? Is that what all of you've been calling Beagle Crater?
jamescanvin
Yep, that's Beagle (or Corner as we initially called it) crater.
Bill Harris
Jason, check the route map in the pinned "Route Map" thread. It's updated frequently and usually quite accurate.

--Bill
CosmicRocker
Nirgal: I thought that the matte you applied around that pano was intriguing. It made me think of the view through the cockpit window of some future manned rover, and that was very evocative.
nprev
Beautiful, Nirgal, really....these striking vistas are more than inspiring, they remind me that we are seeing new territory unseen by anyone else (barring hypothetical microscopic Martians with eyespots, that is) for the first time...thanks!!!!

In that same vein, does it strike anyone else as remarkable that each new view from Oppy of sedimentary rock is now routine? After all, this was the very Holy Grail of Mars exploration prior to this mission...I am awestruck with each image, and long to split some of these layered rocks apart and see what is engraved within.

</pseudopoetic rant augmented by that sense of wonder that only UMSF can provide!!! smile.gif >
tasp
Kinda looks like Europa . . . . . .

biggrin.gif
mars loon
QUOTE (tasp @ Jul 22 2006, 04:55 PM) *
Kinda looks like Europa . . . . . .
biggrin.gif

Ausgezeichnet Nirgal.

I also really like the cockpit view noted by Cosmic Rocker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.