Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oppy Sol 424 small crater visit
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Nirgal
while we're all waiting for the Beagle Crater visit, here is a flashback of Oppy's
small crater visit on sol 424 (colorized navcam panorama)

smile.gif
Nix
ohmy.gif I love it!

awesome view Nirgal.

Nico
dot.dk
Fantastic panorama. Nice revisit back to Viking and Voyager craters.
Who would have thought that we weren't even halfway in the mission back then? And maybe we still aren't laugh.gif

Those were the days. Before Purgatory and Jammerbugt dunes, and a fast moving Oppy roving 200+ meters in single sols cool.gif
And Erebus was just a short survey before we would go and have a look at that BIG crater to the south rolleyes.gif

If we just knew what waited a few 100 meters further south...
FIN Mars
that must be Voyager crater, becouse viking crater is this> http://marsrovers.nasa.gov/gallery/press/o..._cyl-B424R1.jpg
Phil Stooke
I couldn't resist making a polar version of Nirgal's nice pan - hope you don't mind! Of course, this doesn't do the text much good.

Phil

Click to view attachment
Nirgal
very nice ! thanks Phil, for the new perspective smile.gif
remcook
looks cool, but when I click on the image Mozilla crashes and closes! weird... blink.gif
algorimancer
QUOTE (remcook @ Jul 21 2006, 06:37 AM) *
looks cool, but when I click on the image Mozilla crashes and closes! weird... blink.gif

My Mozilla (Firefox, current version) handles both the above images without any problem. Perhaps a full cache? (I empty mine a lot).
remcook
I don't know. i can see all other attached or linked images. Anyway, I will try with another computer later. I'm sure it will work then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.