Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Panorama: sunset over Meridiani
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Nirgal
Now that Oppy will soon have finished her crossing of the vast dune fields and will leave the
sea of sand for good ... the following panorama is provided in memory of this great "seafaring" adventure
(and to complement the great sunset panorama taken recently by her sister Spirit.)

(manually colorized navigation camera, Sol 433)

full resolution also available on demand ...

BTW.: the lens flares in the direction of the setting sun are for real (no artificial sun effect used)

enjoy smile.gif
dilo
Nice! (hi Nirgal!)
RNeuhaus
After long studying the rover tracks, it is evident the rover's driver didn't drive well by not centering the route in the middle of crest of ripples. The panaromic picture is precious by viewing the sunset and the pancam's shadow.

Rodolfo
ilbasso
Beautiful panorama!!

This just reminds me again how fortunate we are to have "eyes in the skies" over Mars. How would you possibly drive Opportunity through this morass if you had no idea how big it was or where you wanted to go?
MarsEngineer
Beautiful and surreal.
Fantastic rendering from an fantastic place.

You are right about the birds eye view making this drive possible. The rover drivers have said as much to me as well.

-Rob Manning
CosmicRocker
I'm so glad to see your artistic renderings again, Nirgal. It's lovely to note how nicely the shadows cooperated. It is a well chosen scene with an appropriate title. The only way to make it more "roving" would be to add some boot tracks. I love it.
Toma B
QUOTE (Nirgal @ Jul 5 2006, 11:34 PM) *
full resolution also available on demand ...

That is one lovely image Nirgal... rolleyes.gif
What do I have to do to get full resolution image?
Nirgal
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Toma B @ Jul 6 2006, 07:48 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
That is one lovely image Nirgal... rolleyes.gif
What do I have to do to get full resolution image?
[/quote]

glad you like the image smile.gif

unfortunately I'm running notoriously out of web space so I had to delete some of my older images in order
to upload the full resoultion version ... but here it is (7000x1000 pixels)

(hopefully, I will eventually find the time to realize my idea of setting up a proper "best of" Mars Gallery home page smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.