I learned last night, from the latest Google Friends newsletter that they have rolled out a new, specialized search filter; hence the topic. I only added this topic because it seems to be of some use in locating space exploration information on US governement servers. I have only tested it briefly, but it does seem to be useful.

It is more sophisticated than doing a site specific search using a regular Google search term like "site:.gov key words." It finds US government sites that do not end in .gov. It's another addition to their topic-specific searches, like the univesities, linux, or microsoft searches they have had for some time. Actually, I never appreciated the fact that one could use the site: function on Google with a wild card like .gov or .eu. I had only used it previously with URLs for specific sites, and only learned tonight, while testing this, that their site: function allowed more ambiguous terms. I hope someone else finds this useful...

http://usgov.google.com

Oh, they also mentioned that Google Earth 4 was out for PCs, Mac, and Linux, in several languages.

...edited to correct a horrendously awful mistake... cool.gif