Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T15 (July 2, 2006)
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Titan
AlexBlackwell
For those who are interested, the T15 mission description document is online (971 Kb PDF).
Holder of the Two Leashes
Thank you Alex.
AlexBlackwell
The flyby web page is now online.
The Messenger
Although there will not be a lot a pretty pictures, this pass is loaded with important science. The passive radar should tell us about Titan's emissivity, and the scattergraph should provide badly needed clues about surface composition. Finally, the magnometric, UV and plasma data should give us a better handle on what is happening in the thin outer atmosphere.
alan
new images are posted
http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/imag...0&storedQ=0
Thorsten
Gorgeous – as usual! This close encounter makes it possible to easily discern large parts of Aaru and Senkyo even on the raw image! I can’t wait to see how the processed image will look like!
Spirit
Are there any new discoveries after the July 2 encounter? I haven't found any information about this encounter, except for the pictures posted above.
Decepticon
I'm looking forward science returns myself.

It's the usual wait and see.
The Messenger
QUOTE (Spirit @ Jul 9 2006, 07:25 PM) *
Are there any new discoveries after the July 2 encounter? I haven't found any information about this encounter, except for the pictures posted above.

Patience - It is reasonable to wait months if not years for science returns. The exception would be science extracted from earlier passes that is waiting for confirmation from this pass. There have been hints that there is something curious/unusual/surprising/extraordinary in the radar alitude data - but that could be anything from a altitude/terrain map of Titan to unusual Boeguer anamolies.

That said, ICANBARELYSTanD THE Suspense ph34r.gif
peter59
T15 - Targeted Distant Look (Tsegihi)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.