Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CASSINI ANIMATIONS
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Cassini general discussion and science results
tallbear
Some nice ( IMHO) animations of some of the upcoming inclined orbits
for Rings have been posted.

http://geogdata.csun.edu/~voltaire/wallis/ANIMATIONS.html

the rev 77 segment is spectacular.....
angel1801
Just a little piece of advice. The animations are best viewed using Quicktime 7.1 or later media viewer.

It has the new H264 compresion capability.
edstrick
"The animations are best viewed using Quicktime 7.1 or later media viewer."

My main computer is running Win98se. I have no desire to trash a well running system with a *lot* of "legacy software" by upgrading it to XP. QT 7x is not available in any form for 98se. Just be advised you need a younger OS for those versions of the clips.
djellison
Google around for Quicktime Alternative and H264 and you can play these without.

FWIW - the H264 codec is well well worth it - it is superb - and something I'm seriously looking at w.r.t. HD MER stuff in the not to distant future ( cough ahem S1K celebration movie hint cough ahem )

Doug
angel1801
I have Windows XP Pro. I had to download Quicktime 7.1 from the Apple web site to view the animations.

I have seen all three animations. And I will say that Rev 77 will we worth the wait!
ugordan
The orbit 77 vantage point is awesome, though I would have preferred the movie used a constant FOV, this way the perspective is noticeably distorted around periapse.
What struck me most is just how big Saturn will appear to Cassini's cameras. It'll take many, many wide-angle footprints to cover the whole planet and rings. It's gonna make one helluva Kodak moment marking the end of primary mission!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.