Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Victoria
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
climber
May be not in the proper section. Administrators, feel free to move it to the place it deserve.

While we are "fighting" about Beacon or arguing why looking for roses while in a sand trap, I remember the time when we were talking about the dreams we had of been on Mars and this kind of "poetry". I have such a story to tell you today and I encourage you to tell yours.

I spent all this week in a meeting in Hungary. Today, I left a rainy Budapest on a flight to Munchen (Germany) on a crowded Dash 8. I was travelling with a group of collegues but ended up at the back of the plane next seat to a nice and (very) beautifull woman. She was en her late 20's and I was lucky enough she had as much will to talk as I had myself. I like such a moment when I'm discovering somebody else; sometimes it's just magic; and it was. I felt a kind of jealousy in the eyes of my collegues (both women and men) but the one hour flight was so short, you know. She was Hungarian, going to Shangai, leading a group for a one week trip to China. We finaly get to Munchen and the connecting fligth to Toulouse eventualy waited for us so I made it back home. When leaving the plane, we shook hands, but we could both felt that it had been a nice and special moment for both of us. Eyes never lie. She waved me one last time and desapeared forever.
You're gona say :"ok, Climber, that's a nice story, but, what the matter? Didn't you say you'll be going to talk about dreams of been on Mars, coïncidences or others related story?"
Well, may be I didn't mention it : her name was... Victoria !
ElkGroveDan
Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship...
Shaka
Cheri, you have a light in your eyes that draws me like a distant Beacon!
I've always had a gut feeling we would meet like this.
Let me take you away to a distant planet!
Je't'adore!

Shut it yourself.
Bob Shaw
From the Secret History of JPL, Chapter 666:

Bob Shaw
climber
Better use a pure "Martian" language likle this :

Click to view attachment

wink.gif
imipak
Click to view attachment

"I say... I seem to have a speck of grit in my pancam lens. "
"Perhaps I can help, you see... I'm an expert in remote sensing."

*choke*

smile.gif

( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037558/ )

I can't claim to have had any dreams about Victoria (the crater), though. Perhaps I should eat some cheese before bed and dream of an endless sequence of purgatory dunes...
CosmicRocker
Oh, please stop it. You people are killing me. laugh.gif I guess "we'll always have Paris." ...even on other planets...
Bill Harris
. wink.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.