Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Mars rover photos Opportunity Top 20
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
aldo12xu
My collection of favorite Opportunity rover photos is up on my site. As with the best of Spirit rover photos gallery, it shows how far along the rovers have come and how familiar this Martian landscape has now become.

Enjoy!

Ant103
Great, very beautiful images. wink.gif
Its a good work wink.gif
Stu
Aldo,

Some beauties in there for sure... "Clouds over Burns Cliff" is always a joy to see, but looking at "Endurance Approach" is real shiver inspiring... imaging what we're going to see as Oppy approaches Endurance's big sister, and gets its first good view of Beacon over there on the Far Side...! wink.gif
ustrax
Great aldo!

I love to see the landers in the martian surface...
And that one with the clouds...Extraterrestrial! smile.gif
climber
[quote name='Stu' date='May 23 2006, 01:10 AM' post='55326']
Some beauties in there for sure... "Clouds over Burns Cliff"[u] is always a joy to see, but looking at "Endurance Approach" is real shiver inspiring... imaging what we're going to see as Oppy approaches Endurance's big sister, and gets its first good view of Beacon over there on the Far Side...! wink.gif

Stu : Hope we'll not have too many clouds over at VC! We'll not be able to see the beacon on the FAR rim wink.gif

Aldo : just priceless. Nobody could have imagined we'll discovered all this. Exploration is inspiration... and this "keep UMSF in impressively High level".
aldo12xu
......of course, I'll be adding a couple of more pictures once we get to Victoria smile.gif
PhilCo126
Those rovers really 'spoiled' us a lot wink.gif
hendric
Some of my favorite additional Opportunity moments:

Fram Crater: Perhaps one of the youngest craters (um, other than Heatshield Crater!) we'll ever see.
Meteor rock: Seeing a meteor on another planet is just kinda wacky.
Endurance Crater: That first panorama from the crater's edge still gets to me. Have it up at work. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.