Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Searching for abstract images of Mars with water.
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Mars
Toymaker
Hi. I am searching for abstract images of Mars as portayed with water. I know a website exists that has various images of Mars map with water, the images are portaying Mars depending on proposed amount of water that could exist. Sadly I am unable to find the site again. If anybody could help me I would be grateful.
helvick
QUOTE (Toymaker @ Apr 11 2006, 06:00 PM) *
Hi. I am searching for abstract images of Mars as portayed with water. I know a website exists that has various images of Mars map with water, the images are portaying Mars depending on proposed amount of water that could exist. Sadly I am unable to find the site again. If anybody could help me I would be grateful.

Celestia (yet again) provides a great way to capture images like this if you are prepared to dig around in the various support forums.
I made a couple of videos of two fictional Mars textures that are available on The Celestia Motherlode

The videos don't begin to do justice to the maps but you get a good idea of what they are like- if you are interested in this sort of stuff get Celestia and get these maps. Divx 5.2 format, 720x576 24fps, 1000kbps ~5.5Meg each.

Blue Mars Video. Texture by John van Vliet. 4096x2048 custom map with water added to low lying areas.
Click to view attachment

Green Mars Video. Texture by Edawan. This uses a 4096x2048 custom map of a hypothetical terraformed mars, water added to low lying areas, with a custom bump and specular map to add a bit of zing.
Click to view attachment
lyford
This site has quite a few (AWESOME!!!!) Terragen renderings of Mars, including terraformed ideas and ancient seas using MOLA data.

PS - helvick your video links aren't working for me.... the pics come in fine though
helvick
QUOTE (lyford @ Apr 11 2006, 09:02 PM) *
PS - helvick your video links aren't working for me.... the pics come in fine though

Cool site. I fixed the links I think, I keep doing that with the Google Pages stuff - putting AVI's up there is a bit of a hack and I keep forgetting that I have to be careful with the url's.
lyford
thanks helvick it's working now and looking good!
Toymaker
Thanks for all the responces I finally did find the site I was searching for.
http://magnus.infidyne.com/mars/water/
lyford
Wow Toymaker you can scroll down fast and go frame by frame...
I was a little worried when I saw he had an "artificial objects on Mars" picture, but it had nothing to do with "The F*ce" laugh.gif
Bob Shaw
QUOTE (lyford @ Apr 12 2006, 01:00 AM) *
Wow Toymaker you can scroll down fast and go frame by frame...
I was a little worried when I saw he had an "artificial objects on Mars" picture, but it had nothing to do with "The F*ce" laugh.gif

I wonder whether MCO would be shown as a point, or a line? And perhaps MPL is on there but in invisible ink...

Bob Shaw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.