Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best source for up-to-date gossip on Phoenix...
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > Phoenix
BruceMoomaw
http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/features/we...eborah_bass.php

I still haven't found out whether they really have cancelled the guided-entry plan, though.
ustrax
QUOTE (BruceMoomaw @ Apr 5 2006, 01:14 AM) *
http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/features/we...eborah_bass.php

I still haven't found out whether they really have cancelled the guided-entry plan, though.

There have been some recent updates in the blog.
helvick
A nice update from the PI Peter Smith as we've just passed T-1 year to Launch and counting.
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (helvick @ Aug 9 2006, 10:20 AM) *
A nice update from the PI Peter Smith as we've just passed T-1 year to Launch and counting.

There are also some interesting Phoenix-related abstracts being presented at the upcoming 4th International Conference on Mars Polar Science and Exploration. I gave the links to the online program in another thread.
Phil Stooke
Thanks, Alex. I appreciate these announcements of yours. Some things I tend to have found already, but others are new to me. There's just too much going on to keep track of it all...

The Phoenix abstracts include a specific center for each of the three 'boxes' in Area B. I had given approximate locations earlier, from image data at MSSS, but now we have specific locations. An earlier step was to locate a box in each of areas A, B and C, as a prelude to choosing the best area. The B box from that list is one of the three boxes they are looking at now.

I'm collecting data on all Mars mission site selection procedures at the moment.

Phil
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (Phil Stooke @ Aug 9 2006, 10:45 AM) *
Thanks, Alex. I appreciate these announcements of yours. Some things I tend to have found already, but others are new to me. There's just too much going on to keep track of it all...

You're more than welcome, Phil. And notice that I don't offer the obligatory <sigh> when posting things like this. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Phil Stooke @ Aug 9 2006, 10:45 AM) *
The Phoenix abstracts include a specific center for each of the three 'boxes' in Area B. I had given approximate locations earlier, from image data at MSSS, but now we have specific locations. An earlier step was to locate a box in each of areas A, B and C, as a prelude to choosing the best area. The B box from that list is one of the three boxes they are looking at now.

I'm collecting data on all Mars mission site selection procedures at the moment.

I believe there was a "2007 Mars Exploration Program Phoenix Lander Mission Site Selection" meeting during the LPSC earlier this year. Tuesday evening, if I'm not mistaken. As far as I know, that has been the only formal "landing site workshop" held for Phoneix so far.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.