Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guadalupe in 3D
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
djellison
http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/doug_im...pe_1024x520.wmv

Just a little bit of fun with MaxSt's excellet VST to OBJ convertor. This is a bit of an odd one, I wanted to find some wedges of the pancam images, but there wasnt one - so I found an appropriate Navcam wedge, and composited the appropriate pancam frames onto its texture instead. It's tempting to think "wow - that's big"- until you consider the actual size of a rat hole (not much bigger than the circule you can make with your thumb and forefinger ) and the distance between the two rat holes, and this whole thing is about 1.5m across.

Enjoy smile.gif

I'm trying to do similar work with areas on interest. The heatshield impact site at Meridiani ( a bit hard ) - Burns Cliff, Eagle Crater, Fram Crater etc.

Doug
MizarKey
Fantastic, Doug!

Watching it gives me an emotional response. One gets the ever so slight feel of what it would be like to walk up, cross in front and then sit to examine the RAT hole.

I'd love to see something like that when Oppy crested the rim of Endurance and went down and back out for the first time.
aldo12xu
Awesome Doug! If I could make a suggestion for your next project, how about Pilbara with all those spherules sitting on stems?

.....and Anatolia, one of my favourite features:

How easy is that program to use? Or does one need a computer science background?
djellison
Was Pilbara that one at Fram?

Doug
aldo12xu
Yeah, it was Fram from sol 85 to 88.
djellison
Sadly - that sub-frame doesnt have a wedge sad.gif I looked for a Navcam wedge post-rat, but nothing doing either

I'll see if there's a FHAZ wedge to make up for it

Doug
Nix
Absolutely fantastic work. ohmy.gif
I got to touch it..

Nico
slinted
Great looking stuff Doug, seeing these in 3d is a treat I've been looking forward to for a long time. Keep up the good work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.