Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Data from Mars Climate Sounder
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Orbiters > MRO 2005
AlexBlackwell
PIA08030: First Data from Mars Climate Sounder

EDIT: Just after I posted this, I noticed that tedstryk posted it previously in the HiRISE thread. Sorry for the repeat.
BruceMoomaw
That sudden gust of wind you all heard last night was Dennis McCleese's sigh of relief.
elakdawalla
It's funny -- when Dan McCleese approached us about hosting his team's website, the story he wanted to get out was "third time's the charm." Now it seems like they are totally sick of that story and ready to talk about their data, which means I need to dump a lot of work I did on the team website down the drain -- but I'm very happy for the reason! smile.gif

--Emily
BruceMoomaw
And I managed to get his first name wrong. *sigh*
AlexBlackwell
These early MCS data look pretty decent, and I think the 12-µm image is particularly good.

QUOTE (BruceMoomaw @ Mar 31 2006, 08:48 PM) *
And I managed to get his first name wrong. *sigh*

That's OK, Bruce. At least you're consistent.

Sorry, Emily, I couldn't resist cool.gif
BruceMoomaw
Pretty wise-ass, for somebody who can't even spell "Mxyzptlk" correctly...
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (BruceMoomaw @ Apr 1 2006, 12:17 AM) *
Pretty wise-ass, for somebody who can't even spell "Mxyzptlk" correctly...

Of course, and that's the whole point. I didn't want to say it in reverse ("Klptzyxm") and send him, as well as me, back to the fifth dimension, now did I?

Yeah, right. Actually, that's my Moomaw-like rationalization for simply relying on memory and botching the spelling. biggrin.gif

Do I get my I Was Corrected By Moomaw button now?
Bob Shaw
QUOTE (AlexBlackwell @ Apr 1 2006, 01:26 AM) *
Of course, and that's the whole point. I didn't want to say it in reverse ("Klptzyxm") and send him, as well as me, back to the fifth dimension, now did I?

Yeah, right. Actually, that's my Moomaw-like rationalization for simply relying on memory and botching the spelling. biggrin.gif

Do I get my I Was Corrected By Moomaw button now?

No.

But you can have a woomaM yb detcerroC T-Shirt!

Bob Shaw
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (Bob Shaw @ Apr 1 2006, 12:40 AM) *
No.

But you can have a woomaM yb detcerroC T-Shirt!

If only that by saying "woomaM" would have the same effect... unsure.gif
BruceMoomaw
Actually, a substantial number of people (starting in high school) have already concluded that I spend most of my time in another dimension.
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (BruceMoomaw @ Apr 1 2006, 01:12 AM) *
Actually, a substantial number of people (starting in high school) have already concluded that I spend most of my time in another dimension.

Hey, I just realized the downside of saying your name backwards: I'd have to go with you! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.