Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ausonia Mensa Remnant Massif
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Orbiters > Mars Express & Beagle 2
SigurRosFan
http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Mars_Express/S...1.html#subhead1 - Ausonia Mensa remnant massif

Image from May 17, 2005:
climber
un-necessary quote culled - doug

This is a very rich and detailed picture. If you also look at the images from above that come along with this one on the ESA website, a few questions come to my mind.
This erea is sitting rigth in a place between highland and low lands so I wonder if the river-like fitures can come from an old water flow passing over the mountain.
Have you seen the very old crater were you can only see the northern very eroded ridge that got a younger crater rigth in the middle ? If you look at the south East, there is a crater that apparently push the older ridge inside. This must have been quite a muddy area or a frozen one at the time of the younger impact. Do you have any of my interpretation right ?
SigurRosFan
I note the channel-like feature starting from the crater on top of the highland, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.