Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camera/filter Spectral Response Curve
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Cassini general discussion and science results
M_Welander
I'm looking for data on the spectral response curves for the Cassini cameras and filters. Finding the basic filter data (like the center wavelength and if it's a broad or narrow band filter) was easy, but I'm looking for more detailed information, preferably at around 10 nm resolution. I've found a few graphs that show what I'm after, but they don't really help me as they aren't detailed enough to give me any hard numbers - and somewhere the source numbers for those graphs must exist, and those numbers are what I'm after.

Oh, and I'm after the same information for Galileo too, but to avoid crossposting I'm only posting here.
ugordan
QUOTE (M_Welander @ Feb 10 2006, 01:22 PM)
I'm looking for data on the spectral response curves for the Cassini cameras and filters.

Look at the CALIB dir on the COISS_0011 DVD volume. It has numerous tables describing QE, optics transmission curves, filter combinations, fudge factors, even total cumulative transmission curves. Though, some of these are a bit confusing as the headers in the table seem to suggest one thing, while Cisscal assumes otherwise (?!).
I'm at work right now so I can't check the exact names, but there ought to be a directory named either EFFICIENCY or SYSTRANS that has trasmissions as a function of the wavelength, as well as total integrated fluxes. Basically everything one needs can be found there, there's even a complete solar spectrum spanning the whole wavelength range (as far as the cameras are concerned) from about 200 nm to 950 nm, IIRC.
M_Welander
Thank you, that seems indeed to be what I was after... which makes me feel rather dumb, since I went through COISS_0011 yesterday for another reason. I guess I'm just depending too much on Google these days, when the data was right in front of me the whole time. smile.gif
mcaplinger
QUOTE (M_Welander @ Feb 10 2006, 04:22 AM)
I'm looking for data on the spectral response curves for the Cassini cameras and filters.

http://pds-rings.seti.org/volumes/COISS_00...port/index.html looks useful if the PDS volumes don't answer your questions, though the tables are all PDF files and would be painful to extract.

For Galileo, the GO_0001 CD is supposed to have this stuff; I haven't looked.
Bjorn Jonsson
The Galileo-related stuff should be somewhere on this CD volume: http://pdsimg.jpl.nasa.gov/data/go-cal-ssi-6-v1.0/
M_Welander
Thank you, Björn. Once ugordan pointed out I should go directly to PDS rather than using Google to find this information, I quickly found the Galileo related data as well.

Is there a way to mark a thread as Answered on this board?
jmknapp
QUOTE (M_Welander @ Feb 10 2006, 08:22 AM)
I've found a few graphs that show what I'm after, but they don't really help me as they aren't detailed enough to give me any hard numbers - and somewhere the source numbers for those graphs must exist, and those numbers are what I'm after.

I have a rudimentary web page showing the response curves for all the filter combinations. It should be changed to make looking up a specific combination easier, but anyway it's neat to see all the combinations at once:

Cassini ISS system transfer curves
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.