Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Birthday Umsf!
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
jamescanvin
2 Years now since Doug unleashed the MER forums on us, later becoming UMSF.

How time flys! smile.gif

Thanks once again Doug, for all your hard work in bringing all us space addicts together.

I've had a great time hanging around this place! Long may it continue.

Cheers,

James
Bill Harris
Yes! Thanks, Doug. It's been a good ride.

--Bill
RNeuhaus
Doug, Happy aniversary USMF! Thank you because the USMF has glued all space fanatic together and share the common interest about the space explorations.

Salud USMF !!! smile.gif
lyford
Two years old! Does this mean that Doug gets to throw temper tantrums and toss food around?
Thanks for a wonderful corner of teh internets. wink.gif
tasp
Congratulations.

btw:
What's that in dog years?
PhilCo126
Time flies when You're having fun biggrin.gif

Superb forum, far better then the small corner on collectspace on Unmanned spaceflight cool.gif
dilo
Do you like this pie? biggrin.gif
(thanks, Doug!)
djellison
Ahh - you see - the old mer.rlproject.com is 2 years old - but UMSf, amazingly, isn't even 1 yet smile.gif (Mid March for that)

All the same - we've been gassing on for two years and it's better than I could ever have imagined

Thanks for you kind words - hmmmm - LAYER CAKE smile.gif

Doug
Tesheiner
Nice cake. Nobody knows (yet) what's it made of.

Congrats and thanks, Doug.
djellison
Check the top title banner on the forum smile.gif

Doug
(PS - if I wasnt quite so busy, then yes, I'd make them animated smile.gif )
Bob Shaw
Yes, well done, Doug!

And thanks!

Bob Shaw
Nix
Ahhh...I thought seeing the two candles, already. Time indeed flies when you're having fun.
Congratulations Doug and all the other talented people around here!

Don't get drunk now tongue.gif

Nico
jamescanvin
QUOTE (djellison @ Feb 9 2006, 07:38 PM)
Ahh - you see - the old mer.rlproject.com is 2 years old - but UMSf, amazingly, isn't even 1 yet smile.gif (Mid March for that)

Well I could change my name, but that wouldn't make me any younger! tongue.gif
CosmicRocker
Happy Birthday UnmannedSpaceflight! This causes me to reflect on just how fortunate we are that Doug had this vision and that it all came together so well. My only regret is that I didn't discover it sooner. Oh yeah, my other regret is that I didn't choose a simpler user name, but that's another story.

I'd like to use this occasion to thank all forum members for making this the excellent refuge that it is in the wild wild west of cyberspace. I've learned much from this collective community. Having so many like-minded individuals with which to share the adventures of space exploration has truly made the whole experience so much more enjoyable for me. smile.gif
mars loon
Congratulations Doug,

what a wonderful adventure this has been. Journeys otherwise impossible, have taken flight !!! biggrin.gif

ken
mars loon
QUOTE (dilo @ Feb 9 2006, 07:14 AM)
Do you like this pie? biggrin.gif
(thanks, Doug!)

Marco,
those candles represent not just 2 years, but the twins too !
ken
DFinfrock
Belated birthday wishes for UMSF!

I look at the entire UMSF membership as one big team. Of course, on every team there are stars cool.gif (Dilo, Nico, tesh, nirgal, alan, bill, phil and many many others) and there are third-string bench warmers like myself. rolleyes.gif I don't suppose I will ever even enter the game. But let me tell you it is a thrill that Coach Doug lets me be on the team at all!

I don't have any presumptions about making many original scientific or technical contributions to UMSF. But at least I have been able to make a monetary contibution to keep Doug's server up and running. And I urge all of the other "bench-warmers" to do the same.

Thanks again Doug.

David
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.