Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is After The Rad750?
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
exobioquest
The RAD6000 and RAD750 are very successful and popular space bound CPUs, but considering there pitiful calculating performance compared to a modern PC CPU, I can’t help but wonder what the next generation RAD will be (hopefully it will be something to break 1000 MIPS). BAE systems says the successor to the RAD750 won’t be out until 2007 but that’s about all they say, not a clue to what kind of processor it will be based on.
hal_9000
QUOTE (exobioquest @ Jan 26 2006, 10:37 PM)
The RAD6000 and RAD750  are very successful and popular space bound CPUs, but considering there pitiful calculating performance compared to a modern PC CPU, I can’t help but wonder what the next generation RAD will be (hopefully it will be something to break 1000 MIPS). BAE systems says the successor to the RAD750 won’t be out until 2007 but that’s about all they say, not a clue to what kind of processor it will be based on.

An interesting future for this type of technology... the goals for future are the substitution of silicon for quantum processor.. i think future studies of the quantum technology in space would be of great benefit... if we adopt it... therefore we'll have an increase on processing power...
MahFL
Faster CPU's are just marketing hype you know.........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.