Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fit To Png/bmp/tiff
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Tech, General and Imagery
djellison
Does anyone know of a tool to batch convert FIT files to,say, PNG or similar in the way that IMG2PNG does for IMG files?

I've been looking at the PDS, and the DS1 and DI data sets all use FIT format, and while there is a photoshop importer by ESA, it's not an automated system and is a bit clunky.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Doug
helvick
QUOTE (djellison @ Jan 17 2006, 12:58 AM)
Does anyone know of a tool to batch convert FIT files to,say, PNG or similar in the way that IMG2PNG does for IMG files?

I've been looking at the PDS, and the DS1 and DI data sets all use FIT format, and while there is a photoshop importer by ESA, it's not an automated system and is a bit clunky.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Doug

Imagemagick
You can drive it via batch file to do what you want to do, I use Perl (via PerlMagick) to control it. Excellent for batch work but reading the docs is a must.
It will convert to\from about 90 formats - I think it includes FIT but I might be wrong, the docs refer to FITS.
djellison
I had a quick look at that, and I'll see if I can define parameters for it - thanks for the heads up smile.gif

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.