Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Are The Best Mer 3d Images?
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Tech, General and Imagery
odave
Now that I have my stylin' 3D glasses, I want to give them a good workout. I've got a lot of catching up to do!

I've been poking around the offical MER site's 3D gallery, and my favorite so far is the MI image "Berries on the Ground 2". I know that many home-brew images have been posted on UMSF too.

So what do you guys think have been the "best of the best" in 3D imaging so far?

...and in case anyone was wondering, the Barbie 3D movie was underwhelming. Only a few scenes were in 3D (though more of them looked as if they were intended to be 3D), and only one of them looked "cool" to me tongue.gif wink.gif
Nix
Well, I like the JPL-navcam anaglyph panoramas a lot!

Especially those of Endurance and at West Spur location.

But the one I like best, sorry it's one of my own works; is the vertical exaggeration anaglyph of Thira on the horizon.

I adore that crater, oh I mentioned that before rolleyes.gif

Thira 3x vertical exaggeration anaglyph
Latest raw-images work

Nico smile.gif
helvick
QUOTE (odave @ Jan 14 2006, 02:54 AM)
Now that I have my stylin' 3D glasses, I want to give them a good workout.

I,for one, qould like to see an anaglyph of that image. smile.gif
odave
That Thira image is really nice, Nix. I kinda miss the views from Spirit up high now - I could never get enough of that shadowy Gusev rim. The anaglyph of El Dorado on your site looks awesome.

Thanks!
CosmicRocker
Damn, I just can't pick a favorite one. I've been following the rovers through much of their missions with 3D anaglyphs. I would have picked that "berries on the ground" image as one of my absolute favorites, though. Many of Nico's anaglyph panoramas are very much favorites, also, as is his anaglyph of the Columbia Hills from MOC orbiter images. Not to mention many of the excellent ones prepared by other members. I wouldn't give up the color images, or even the grayscaled ones, but 3D is a must for those who want to get a sense of presence on Mars.

Very soon I must prepare a visual presentation about Mars for a large number of middle to high school kids. The goal is to get them excited about science. Hopefully tomorrow I will post a new topic, asking members here for help selecting the best MER imagery to use. I plan to use a lot of anaglyphs for impact, and one of slinted's dust devil movies.

I wish they would have given me more than 1.5 weeks to put this together. ohmy.gif mad.gif
mars loon
QUOTE (CosmicRocker @ Jan 18 2006, 06:26 AM)
Damn, I just can't pick a favorite one. 

I wish they would have given me more than 1.5 weeks to put this together.  ohmy.gif  mad.gif

I posted one of my crowd pleasing favorites in your other thread.
http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.php?showtopic=2066

Be sure to use it/consider it. But again, in 20 minutes you can't do all you are planning. PLan for a maximum of 20 or so slides, with a few extras in case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.