Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sol 095 - Pancam Two 'half' Frame Mosaic
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
djellison
Baltic
Thanks, I love this one!

Tom
MizarKey
QUOTE (Baltic @ May 4 2004, 10:14 PM)
Thanks, I love this one!

Tom

I agree with Tom...that's one nice image you did there Doug!

Bring on the Pancam images of the gullies! These rocks seem to have more 'character' than Eagle crater (plus it was so disappointing to find out the layers were only inches thick). All in all I like Endurance crater, puts Bonneville to all shame (it's big claim to fame was the heatshield on the rim and we had to bring that with us). I sincerely hope they do choose to stay for awhile and image the hell out of Endurance.

Eric P / MizarKey
Sunspot
Thats a great image, its a shame the original RAW images were so severely compressed though ohmy.gif
slinted
Looks great Doug, awesome job. I'm absolutely enthralled with the rounded vaguely homogenous layer visible in this image.

To speculate...it appears to be below the majority of the flat, angular outcrops similar to Eagle Crater's outcrops. Its quite a shame that high-res minites / pancam might be as close as they get to it...though its hard to tell from navcam, there doesn't appear to be similar layering on the nearside.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.