Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Talk In London
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
djellison
Another BAA meeting, another Doug Talk. I'm only giving a short update on Spirit, but if any of you are in or around London on the evening of the 25th, pop along smile.gif

It's at New Hunts House, Guys Hospital, near London Bridge Tube Station - 17:00 for 17:30 till 20:00. The other speakers are the ever entertaining Martin Mobberley with his Sky Notes, and Chris Lintott (yes, the guy from The Sky at Night) talking on Cosmology:Into the Unknown - and....me doing an Update on the last year of Spirit (just about, the last time I talked to the BAA about Spirit was last April, so it'll be everything from Larrys Lookout to now really)

Would be great to see anyone who can make it down there smile.gif

I'm also talking at the Out of London Weekend ( Fri 21st to Sun 23rd of April in Liverpool) , York AS on the night of June 2nd giving Spirits full story, and Opportunity's full story on Sat, Dec 16th (1430 - 1730) at the London Bridge venue again

More info, ish, at www.britastro.org

Doug
chris
QUOTE (djellison @ Jan 3 2006, 08:59 PM)
Would be great to see anyone who can make it down there smile.gif

Doug

I'll see you there then smile.gif

Chris
ustrax
QUOTE (djellison @ Jan 3 2006, 08:59 PM)
I'm also talking at the Out of London Weekend ( Fri 21st to Sun 23rd of April in Liverpool) , York AS on the night of June 2nd giving Spirits full story, and Opportunity's full story on Sat, Dec 16th (1430 - 1730) at the London Bridge venue again

Doug

Huumm...April or June...Sounds tempting! smile.gif
djellison
Just found out - I've got 40 minutes in the 25th- just about right to cover Spirit properly since last April

Doug
djellison
That went really rather well - didnt get too long, about 30 minutes, but there was a good reaction, and they particularly enjoyed the astronomy that Spirit's been doing.

Roll on April smile.gif

Doug
chris
QUOTE (djellison @ Jan 26 2006, 03:08 PM)
That went really rather well  - didnt get too long, about 30 minutes, but there was a good reaction, and they particularly enjoyed the astronomy that Spirit's been doing.

Roll on April smile.gif

Doug

Good talk Doug, and it was good to see, if only briefly. And if you want pictures for the next one, try not to do the whole talk in the dark smile.gif

Chris
djellison
LOL - I was HIDING smile.gif

Doug
chris
QUOTE (djellison @ Jan 26 2006, 04:56 PM)
LOL - I was HIDING smile.gif

Doug

heh biggrin.gif
djellison
I figure that if I hide well enough, no one will come up, ask me to do another talk, and re-decorating the bedroom get's delays another week wink.gif

Doug
tty
QUOTE (djellison @ Jan 26 2006, 05:08 PM)
That went really rather well  - didnt get too long, about 30 minutes, but there was a good reaction, and they particularly enjoyed the astronomy that Spirit's been doing.

Isn't everything Spirit has been doing astronomy? blink.gif

tty
PhilCo126
tty, the MER have been doing mainly geology, but don't forget they also looked up during the night to check the positions of stars and to take a look at the Martian moons Phobos & Deimos... the latter is of course Astronomy! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.