Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mer Briefing For The General Public
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Tech, General and Imagery
PhilCo126
At NASA-JPL by Dr Pete Theisinger:
http://beacon.jpl.nasa.gov/WhatsNew/Stories/Theisinger.pdf
ohmy.gif
CosmicRocker
I couldn't find anything suggesting that this program will be broadcasted on NASA TV or webcasted. What a shame. I guess this will only be available to those who live near JPL. It's been so long since we've had a widely available MER briefing.

If there is a part of NASA that needs to undergo a major reorganization and management wakeup call, it would be their TV side.
Steffen
Maybe post-lecture on the JPL website about von Karman lectures?
mars loon
QUOTE (CosmicRocker @ Jan 2 2006, 05:10 AM)
I couldn't find anything suggesting that this program will be broadcasted on NASA TV or webcasted.  What a shame.  I guess this will only be available to those who live near JPL.  It's been so long since we've had a widely available MER briefing.

If there is a part of NASA that needs to undergo a major reorganization and management wakeup call, it would be their TV side.

With a few excellent exceptions, NASA does not do a good job at PR. Its a shame because what NASA does is so exciting and NASA needs public support to fund the missions we all love.

This lack of telecast is a perfect example. I just rechecked the main website and the briefing page here and its not listed here at this time

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/mer/briefing.cfm
mars loon
QUOTE (CosmicRocker @ Jan 2 2006, 05:10 AM)
I couldn't find anything suggesting that this program will be broadcasted on NASA TV or webcasted.  What a shame. 

well just did what I should have done, contacted JPL on this and will let you know if I hear something definative
CosmicRocker
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

You're absolutely correct regarding, "With a few excellent exceptions, NASA does not do a good job at PR." I intentionally bit my tongue in the previous post, to avoid going on a rant. But NASA TV really could do a much better job soliciting public support for their missions.

I'll bite my tongue again, and keep my fingers crossed, hoping for a favorable response from JPL.
mars loon
QUOTE (CosmicRocker @ Jan 3 2006, 05:04 AM)
smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

You're absolutely correct regarding, "With a few excellent exceptions, NASA does not do a good job at PR."  I intentionally bit my tongue in the previous post, to avoid going on a rant.  But NASA TV really could do a much better job soliciting public support for their missions. 

I'll bite my tongue again, and keep my fingers crossed, hoping for a favorable response from JPL.

yes its good to bite that tongue sometimes.

I toned down my original rant also
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.