Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Birthday :)
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
hmaffin
A big Happy Birthday to Doug (djellison) who is 14.34 years (9597 sols) old today (I hope, my mars.gif maths is a little rusty!)

All my love from your better half.

Am sure he'll be feeling suitably embarrassed now smile.gif

Helen
Nix
OOOHH ! Happy Birthsol Doug -you can take a sol off now, ONE! tongue.gif

Nico
TheChemist
Happy Birthday Doug, and many happy Sols to you and Helen smile.gif

<quietly>Let me add to the embarassment wink.gif </quietly>
ustrax
A very very Happy Day to you Doug!
It is so well deserved...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/ustrax/DOUG.jpg

May you and your better half have a day full of smiles, love and good surprises.
dvandorn
Have a good one, boss! You deserve it.

Oh, and have I mentioned lately how grateful I am that you set up this site? Great thanks!

-the other Doug
helvick
Good one Helen smile.gif

Doug - Happy birthday! And I'd like to add my thanks to those of the others for your outstanding achievement in creating and maintaining this incredible site.
dot.dk
A happy birthday to you Doug! And thank you for this great great place on the web! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Enjoy the day and all the best for many more (Mars) years wink.gif mars.gif

Edit:

You almost deserve this one tongue.gif

PhilCo126
Happy Birthday... Bonne Anniversaire... Sretan Rodendan... laugh.gif
djellison
I've recieved a few Planetary Geology books ( exactly what I wanted ) AND....the cake is a work of utter genius on Helen's part - I'll post photo's later smile.gif

Thanks for everyone's kind words - this place is hard work sometimes, but my god it's worth it smile.gif I cant accept thanks for this place without saying thanks to my Admin team - they've not been around long, but they're helping a lot biggrin.gif

Doug (aged 27.002739726027397260273972602739726 )

wink.gif
Bill Harris
Happy BirthSol. And thanks for all you've done!

--Bill
lyford
Happy Birthday, you young whipper snapper!
RNeuhaus
Have a great day with your birthSol aniversary laugh.gif

Rodolfo
tedstryk
Happy Birthsol! May this be the beginning of another great year of Mars-roving!
um3k
Have a birthday cookie!

Click to view attachment
chris
Doug,

Happy Birthday, and many thanks for all your work in making this such a great place.

And purely to prevent any embarassment, by, for example, confusing you with the *other*
Doug, I present the following photo of you getting ready for your "33 cameras" talk to
the BAA.

smile.gif

Chris
djellison
Ahh - ye old 33 Cameras Talk..seems like a long time ago now smile.gif

I've got another London talk coming up in Jan biggrin.gif

Genius work on the cake by Helen, way better than the Racing Car one I had when I was 13 smile.gif

Doug
dilo
Congratulations Doug, 3^3 years... wink.gif
And great cake, Helen!
I would like a slice with blueberries!! rolleyes.gif
Bjorn Jonsson
Happy birthsol !

A highly impressive cake, absolutely great work. Unluckily for me it's clear that it will be impossible for someone to give something comparable to me on my birthday next month because given my interest in the Cassini misison it would have to feature that mission. Given the nature of the Cassini mission the spacecraft would have to be disjoint from the cake suspended in mid-air which is impossible - also I'm only a bit more than one year old biggrin.gif.
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (dilo @ Dec 23 2005, 10:20 PM)
And great cake, Helen!
That is a cool cake, and appropriate one for a MER fan. BTW, is that the LEGO version of MER?
QUOTE (dilo @ Dec 23 2005, 10:20 PM)
I would like a slice with blueberries!! rolleyes.gif
Are the cake's layers constructed to mimic the stratigraphy at Meridiani? Maybe the blueberries could be embedded, with some spilling out. And don't forget the sulphuric acid tongue.gif
djellison
mhmghamgmmmmmhgmhmahmhmmmmhwhghrfffmahmghfff

Sorry - mouth full of sulphate rich dep....sorry, mouth full of CAKE smile.gif

The MER model is this one - http://www.lansbergen.net/eng/ - somehow, despite the fact that we live and work together, Helen managed to find it, print it, cut it out, make it - AND modify it to include the STS107 dedication on the back of the HGA and I didnt have a CLUE.

Right - time for some Hematite conc.... Maltesers smile.gif

Doug
dvandorn
QUOTE (djellison @ Dec 23 2005, 03:47 PM)
Genius work on the cake by Helen, way better than the Racing Car one I had when I was 13 smile.gif

Looks great -- a chocolate cake with sulfate evaporite frosting!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

-the other Doug
jamescanvin
Just to Join the chorus: Happy birthday Doug! Have a great 28th year, I'm 3/4 of the way through mine, and I think it's the best one I've had, hope yours is too!

Cheers,

James

P.S. Awsome cake Helen!
brianc
Hippo Bathday Doug

Thankyou for all your hard work in making this a very special place on the web !
PhilCo126
um3K
Superb red cake, I especially like the polar cap
laugh.gif

Chris
Thanks for putting a face on the name
smile.gif

Helen
A great cake indeed … congratulations!
cool.gif

Doug
Planetary Geology books … interesting … curious to know which ones?

( A good one is NASA SP-469 The geology of the terrestrial planets )

Philip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.