Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Endurance Crater Sol 162-169 Panorama
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Nix
This is one of my favorite mosaics. Charlotte doesn't think of it that way since she's kinda refusing the full resolution-job mad.gif but here's a ~25% version for now.

Oppy sol 162-169 Endurance 'partial' 360

Nico smile.gif
Toma B
Beautifull!!! smile.gif
...as always...
dilo
Great Mosaic Nico, I made also a Polar projection, with some tilt in order to have a parallel rover tracks / tangent to the crater edge wink.gif (lowest part, however, appear compressed)
Hope you enjoy...
Nix
Yup! Great smile.gif

I have a few others in mind which would be neat to project I think.

Nico
aldo12xu
Beautiful work guys! And I don't know if I mentioned it before, Nico, but the new site looks good. Your color-calibrated mosaics are awesome. Did you create the color-calibrated images yourself or did you enhance Dan Crotty's images?
Nix
Thankyou Aldo! They're an enhancement of 'base' 3-filter color calibrated with Dan's help.
The base color (false-color) allows me to easily turn it into an enhanced false-color or an approximation of true-color, though more saturated and higher in contrast as if it would appear on the spot. But who knows how it will look like through the protecting helmet those first visitors will wear -hopefully.... smile.gif

Nico
mike
All protecting helmets will leave all wavelengths utterly unmolested, just as everyone's eyes see the same colors and intervening matter doesn't just refract light slightly differently within every pair of positions in the universe anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.