Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lpsc...march 13-17, 2006
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
CosmicRocker
Although this conference will run the gamut among all things related to solar system objects, we don't have a particular section of this forum where this would be logical to post. So, this appears to be as good a place as any, as there should be many MER analyses presented. There should also be a special Haybusa presentation, as well as something from the Deep Impact mission.

Since this is the first call (and apparently the last) for papers, there is no telling what the final program will be, but you can be assured it will be a good show. I attended the last one and met a few of the members from this forum. You'll also see and hear the PIs from many of the recent missions, as well as many of the important supporting researchers.

I am going to try to attend again this year, since it is relatively close to me. I might even visit the nearby JSC, since I haven't been there in a while. If you plan to attend though, I would recommend making reservations for your accomodations early. The rooms will fill up quickly. The final announcement is scheduled for February 3, 2006.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2006/lpsc2006.1st.html
Reckless
Can anyone attent the 37th LPSC?
Reckless
CosmicRocker
If you're asking whether admission is open to the public; yes, anyone willing to pay the registration fee can attend.

Heck, they even allowed me through the door last year. wink.gif
Reckless
Thanks Cosmicrocker that's what I meant to ask.
Reckless
Phil Stooke
Yes, LPSC is a blast. I've been to lots and I love it, though it's at a bad time for me. I can't make this one, but I may come down to LPI to work for a day or two later in the year. And March in Houston is very nice compared with March in Ontario!

Phil
volcanopele
I should be going. not sure yet what I will present exactly.
elakdawalla
I've gone every year since 1999, I hope to be there again this year, blogging away! It's always a good meeting, though with four simultaneous sessions it can be hard to see everything you want to. And March is indeed the best month to visit Texas. Perhaps we should plan to have an official forum rendezvous some evening at that divey bar that all the astronauts used to go to -- I think it's the Outpost tavern, maybe on the Wednesday? LPSC used to have a Chili Cook-Off every year on the Wednesday night but I think they stopped doing that a couple of years ago and it left a gap on the social calendar.

--Emily
Phil Stooke
My favourite place to eat when at LPSC has always been the little Mediterranean place - greek and other eastern mediterranean area food - just west of the JSC gates and Space Center Houston on NASA Road 1. I hope it's still there, I haven't been for a couple of years. That whole strip is really picking up now. It used to be in pretty rough shape.

Phil
CosmicRocker
I think I will try to attend again this year. It would be nice if a few others from here would find their way, too. That Mediterranean place sounds interesting, but since Phil has already bowed out, he doesn't get to vote, does he? wink.gif I'm really not all that familiar with the area, but any place good enough for astronauts is certainly good enough for me.

Let's make a note to revive this thread after the final announcement comes out.
CosmicRocker
I made a note to revive this topic after the final announcement came out, and I almost did that. Anyway, it starts next week south of Houston and it will be good. The main discussion for UMSF members planning to attend is in the Community Chit-chat sub-area. Y'all are welcomed to Texas, ya hear? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.